Pages

Sherone Providence - The Dancing Doll

Maybe a lot of people might know her name..or maybe very few may but she is Sherone Providence; the “sexy dougs” from Southside Trinidad who has established a reputation as a dancing doll with a huge rear end. She was a member of the Allison Hinds show (one of the dancers) and probably the one who used to stand out the most…..This one is interesting and may shock a lot of people….. Let’s go!!


















Entertainment Macco:
Who is Sherone Providence?
Sherone Providence: “Is a shy down to earth person….not shy when I get on a stage.lol. I love dancing and modelling and have managed to turn it from a hobby into a career by having my own agency at age 20 also travelling with artistes throughout the world. Is am about to extend my agency throughout the Caribbean.”

Entertainment Macco: What is your horoscope/sign? Share your birth date with me as well.
Sherone Providence: “Cancer/10th July 1983.”

Entertainment Macco: What made you want to Dance?
Sherone Providence: “When I realised that I couldn't hear music and sit still, also I realised that I can express myself freely through music.”

Entertainment Macco: I know that there is a misconception on dancers, they are very often mistaken for strippers have you encountered that and how do you deal with it?
Sherone Providence: “Yes, but I realised that its people who are small minded and have no respect for you that have that misconception. So I pay them no mind. Instead I look at them and smile with a "you're such an idiot smile" :)
Entertainment Macco: Haha!! I know that smile :-P

Entertainment Macco: Are you a trained dancer?
Sherone Providence: “Yes I am, I have certified training with Eugene Joseph, Trinidad Dance Theatre, ATOPA Dance Company & Arawak Dance Company.”

Entertainment Macco: As a female Dancer what are some of the obstacles you have encountered?
Sherone Providence: “People thinking most dancers are strippers.People thinking I'm only a winer girl.”
Entertainment Macco: And you are not just that right?

Entertainment Macco: Was it your dream to become a dancer?
Sherone Providence: “Yes.”

Entertainment Macco: Now we know you are from Trinidad but where did you grow up and go to school?
Sherone Providence: “I grew up in Princes Town and went to school in San Fernando.”

Entertainment Macco: We have seen you at work in soca music videos what other types of dance do you do?
Sherone Providence: “Ballet, Modern, Hip Hop ,Latin, Salsa, Folk, etc.”

Entertainment Macco: What is your favourite kind of music?
Sherone Providence: “I like any kind of music once I can see myself dancing to it.”
Entertainment Macco: You really just cannot keep still huh?

Entertainment Macco: Can you cook?
Sherone Providence: “Yes I can”
Entertainment Macco: What is your favourite dish?
Sherone Providence: “My favourite dish is White rice, dhal, saltfish/pigtail and avocado.”

Entertainment Macco: What is your biggest turnoff in a guy?
Sherone Providence: “Bad Hygiene”
Entertainment Macco: Yeah that will make anyone run….including a macco!

Entertainment Macco: What is your idea of a perfect date?
Sherone Providence: “Home cooked dinner (the guy cooks off course :-) ) & dancing the night away in a grand ballroom.”
Entertainment Macco: You are a hopeless romantic…ah macco could sense these things.

Entertainment Macco: I read somewhere that you are an entrepreneur, what business are you in to?
Sherone Providence: “I have an Entertainment company "Sher Platinum Entertainment" also I'm in the process of having my own Catering Company.”

Entertainment Macco: Where would you like to be in 5 years?
Sherone Providence: “Hmmm.....Have my own home, onto my 3rd business, married and have at least my 1st child.”

Entertainment Macco: In your industry what is your biggest pet peeve, something that stresses you out?
Sherone Providence: “Having to deal with people who think they know everything and are not willing and open to taking any advice from anyone.”

Entertainment Macco: Are you involved in any other part of the entertainment industry? If yes what part?
Sherone Providence: “Yes, I have my own Jouvert Band in San Fernando and have a section in a Mas Band…. also I do events such as excursions, car wash, parties and concerts. I also manage other models and dancers.”

Entertainment Macco: Are you still a part of the Allison Hinds show?
Sherone Providence: “Not presently, I'm focusing on my business and family life.”

Entertainment Macco: How did you become a part of the Allison Hinds show and how has the experience been thus far?
Sherone Providence: “By working with Rupee who had the same manager as Alison and she was looking for dancers so besides being qualified I was kinda inside already. It has been great seeing that I got to fulfill my dream of travelling and dancing all over the world. Also seeing the inside running of managing an international event and an artistes.”

Entertainment Macco: What is one word that best describes your personality?
Sherone Providence: “Free-spirited.”

Entertainment Macco: Are you married or in a relationship?
Sherone Providence: “In a relationship.”

Entertainment Macco: How does your significant other feel about you dancing?
Sherone Providence: “He supports me in any and everything I'm doing and want to do once I'm not disrespecting myself, my family or him.”

Entertainment Macco: Do you have any children or plan on having any?
Sherone Providence: “I don’t have any but I am planning to have.”

Entertainment Macco: When looking for a mate, do you rather someone in the industry or out of it and why?
Sherone Providence: OUT!!! of the industry, as far from as possible. lol
I've seen first hand some of the kind of people this industry have and most of them are in it for money, fame & girls. They would have their significant other but apparently it’s not enough.”

Entertainment Macco: Why do you think there are more successful men in our entertainment industry than women?
Sherone Providence: “Hmm I'm not sure but I think the women are more behind the scenes, well I'd hope so......”
Entertainment Macco: Girl wishful thinking…I’d hope so too!

Entertainment Macco: What is your relationship like with other females?
Sherone Providence: “At first girls would have a negative reaction until they get to know the sweetheart I am.”
Entertainment Macco: Awww how cute!!

Entertainment Macco: Are you a daddy’s girl or a Mommy’s Shadow?
Sherone Providence: “DADDY'S GIRL" I'm the only girl and the last child :)"

Entertainment Macco: What advice would you give to other females who are just entering the industry or females in the industry who are not as established as you?
Sherone Providence: “Set your goals and stick with them, stay focused, pray and remember you don’t have to disrespect yourself or your body to get to your goals, there's always another path to take to get to that road.”

Entertainment Macco: Are you living your dream or do you think there is more you can do? If there is more do you care to share it with the macco?
Sherone Providence: “Yes but I'm not finished yet. My next step is entering the singing arena.”
Entertainment Macco: Wahhhhhhhhhh sing? You wanna be well rounded and grounded huh? A Model, dancer, entrepreneur and singer?

Entertainment Macco: When you die how do you want to be remembered?
Sherone Providence: “As Sherone Providence "The Woman That Did It All"

Entertainment Macco: I know there are real life maccos out there, how do you keep your personal life off the streets and separate from you business life?
Sherone Providence: "I just leave it in God hands, by praying and trying to stay focused on my goals and keeping my loved ones happy."

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
3 Responses
  1. gravatar Anonymous

    I've had the pleasure of meeting Sherone. At first i was shy and a bit intimidated bu her...but she made me feel so welcomed and comfortable(both her and her wonderful mom who is always by her side). She truly is a nice person. A big heart with big dreams and a big behind fuh real! lol peace out chic! Good Luck in ur future!
    Karlene Sampath

  2. gravatar Anonymous

    I say More power to you once you are following your dreams...let me know how jouvert is coming next year

  3. gravatar Anonymous

    what about the girl who used to dance with sherone stephanie legall what is she up to theses days ?

Leave a Reply