Pages

DRS - The challenge of perfecting a #1 Billboard Chart topper!

I hope allyuh seeing how the thing getting really competitive now; there is no doubt about it, these contestants really love to sing, although some of them still really eh “make the grade” yet…..


Yet again this week I feel as though another male competitor has taken the place of someone much more talented than he could ever be….Junior Don still in this competition boy? Buh what I seeing here? After that horrible rendition of “If I ever fall in love again” he came back and chose to sing a Boyz II Men and again he crashed and burned. Junior hunny what made you decide after failing miserably to sing “I’ll make love to you” in the original key and you cannot hold a note? Ah well…moving along…he is really cute and clearly a charmer because the ladies love him and really do not mind that he cannot sing certain songs to save his life. I said certain songs because there is a part of me that strongly believes that Junior Don is a reggae/dancehall/chanter man!






It so sad that the voters determine the winner yuh know! For those of you who are not aware, the participants are determined by the viewers/public by text or phone call and I am off the opinion that this criteria encourages biasness. Leh meh see if meh mathematics any good…. ummmm here goes:-

1 participant (who cannot sing) + 20 family members + $100.00 phone card each % $2.00 per text message = 50 votes per person x 20 family members = 1000 votes.

Nah!!!! That cah be right. So if a person who deserves to be there gets 999 votes, the man/woman who cannot sing is selected (because dais wah the public choose) and the judges just have to sit by and do nothing…. That cah be right!!



An honest and passionate rendition of “Addictive Love” was what Donelle Job did; I actually like him this week, he won me over! (I am admitting it!!) His performance was silky but I would really love to see him do more exciting songs. Come out of your comfort zone a little bit nah babes…yuh eh see how I bashing the men…hopefully you would be able to set the standards for any other DRS (males) to come! I can see that you are here to stay and Tobago will have it no other way because you know that everyone in the sister-isle voting for their “Tobago boy”. Good Job, JOB (no pun intended)













That girl sang a really difficult song and she killed it, she made it her own and she wowed the crowd, I would say that she was the best performer of the night….. What girl is that? I talking about Akilah Wilson-Claxton she has a warm and inviting aura when she is on stage and I love it! A few of the contestants have to pay close attention to her yes because this girl looking like she want to take it home! That Jennifer Hudson “I’m telling you” wow…girl I'm telling you that you have it in you no doubt about it!














Sadly Janique Charles was not at her best this time around but I still think she is Sassy, maybe a little too much “Sass” for a 16year old ( those heels ain’t for 16yr old..she doh really even look it at all boi)…. Anyhow let me not go there, that is a different story for a different blog! I think Janique just tried too hard to be Brandy..to do Brandy and forgot that this competition is about her talent and ability to make a song yours. I agree with Glenda (the judge) when she said that “Have you Ever” really is not a dramatic piece and Janique made it appear as though it was. Have no fear Janique you are talented, gorgeous and still young there will be many more competitions. :-)













The only person who took the funky, dancing and upbeat route was Xavier Baptiste and I applaud her for that. Although she went off-key a couple times, the glow she has on stage when she is performing is phenomenal and she worked the stage well. I doh think that Deniece Williams would be mad at her at all; she made an honest attempt at “Lets hear it for the boys.” I look forward to seeing her move up in this competition as well. Lets hear it for the girl – Xavier Baptiste.
















She is definitely a dream girl and it showed in her performance on Saturday night, she had many people in a trance, and just catching every note she threw at them. Is Afiya Athill I am speaking about allyuh! She dressed the part..minus the fact that she did not have on any shoes (yessssss a macco does see these things), she sang her heart out. Alicia Keys would be proud of her interpretation of "Fallin." I liked her at the auditions but I didn’t when she was bussing people car windows (when she sang Bust the windows out your car..) Great job Ms. Athill.













Well I am looking on to see how the cookie crumbles; only four people going on to the next rounds, I have my pick, do you?
**Runs back to post after publishing it** - Kudos to the photographer Joanna de-Silva...girl these pics coming in real handy the blog won't look right without all of them I have used and will continue to use.. Yessssssss I am theifing/borrowing more... lol

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
5 Responses
  1. gravatar Joanna de-Silva

    My dear Macco,
    Apparently your maccoin' skills were a little off this week. You got the photographer's name wrong. It actually is Joanna de-Silva.

    Thief and borrow away..

  2. gravatar Anonymous

    I agree wid everyting de Macco say, oui. Yuh rell on point wid dem comments. Lookin forward to more of your bloggin.

  3. Whoops @ Joanna let us have this rectified! fixed

  4. gravatar MONIFA MAWUSI

    What a wonderful job Macco,great overview your critique is not harsh but real. KEEP ON

  5. Thank You Monifa continue to read, comment and enjoy!

Leave a Reply