Pages

Part Dos - The Macco is following Digicel Rising Star

-->Macco Gear

-->Macco Look

-->Macco Eyes

-->Macco Ears

-->Macco Smile

-->Macco Talk

-->Camera

-->A notepad just in case I feel to write down stuff…


I am pretty sure that you all saw the first six Semi Finalists on Sunday 11th October and I am sure you all may have favourites but this is how I feel. The thing real sticky now but I am still not totally impressed with the semi-finalists as yet. The first three finalists are Akilah Wilson-Claxton, Donelle Job and Afiya Athill just as I picked them.



















Alright the final 10 DRS hopefuls we saw last week was the most talented bunch and it boiled down to two persons being selected by the public; Jason Luke and Janique Charles. It proves again that voters really have all the say, which I do not agree with at all but that is for another blog.


Jason Luke - When I heard Jason sing I was really disappointed, I kept asking myself "Wah wrong with these fellas them boi?" He could sing and that is it, he has a voice but he being selected prevented someone else more talented from getting in; someone with more DRS potential than him. He looked really smart in his tuxedo and might I add he is handsome, great diction but no goosebumps. I really wish he had done more with his voice and just sweep the ladies off their feet. He could have been the one male voice to stand out in this female dominated competition.


Janique Charles - I did not like her in the auditions but after seeing her at the live taping, I fully understand why she was chosen; so young (16 years) and such a beautiful voice!! She was a great start to the show and she set a relaxing and willing mood for the other contestants to fit into. At last the talent in her is showing….



THEN the WILDCARDS….


The person in 3rd place as far as the voting was concerned is Junior Don…OMG…he has a little charm but I have no idea what went wrong this time. He came out on the stage overly confident and then he crashed and burnt. If he ever falls in love again (d Sanchez remix) he will not ever choose to sing that song again. He looked cute though (I will admit that). Maybe he is a little tone-deaf? I know for sure he was out of breath a lot during the song or maybe the key of the song was changed (well that is what he kept mumbling on stage) But one thing I am certain about he was clearly confused!


Nzingha Job – OMG!! Ms "I can do bad all by myself" (dais wah she sang).. She looked a little off….maybe the hairstyle was the help her portray the song to the best of her ability but she was awful. Another waste of a wildcard, I did not like her at the auditions and I still was not feeling her at the Semi-finals. It was really difficult to look at her and worst yet listen to her. Apparently Michael Sallickram was listening to a different person because he “loved her” unlike Glenda and Johnny and a lot of the audience members. All i have to say is she can really do bad all by herself..


Xavier Baptiste – I looked to her…what a beautiful rendition of Whitney Houston’s “I look to you”…From the moment Xavier stepped on stage she had the au

dience in a trance…they were murmuring, they were asking where she was all the time. She is an extremely beautiful young lady, with a powerful and mesmerizing voice. Thru her singing and expressions it was clear that she was comfortable and she was singing from some place deep… maybe her soul. She did have a few odd points in her singing, one or two bloopers but I am not holding that against her at all. Xavier that cleavage is sure to get you numerous male votes. lol


Tiffany Paul – She is the youngest in the bunch and we learnt that she was really sick during the day and right before the show she was shaking with fever BUT you would have been unable to tell. She is really a trooper and she sang her heart out….

I thought it was a great choice of song for her and she makes singing look so easy… I remember her from the auditions (go back to my last blog there is a picture of her there) she has a brilliant voice for such a young person with a meek demeanor. She has brilliant vocals.


From left to right; Junior Don, Nzinga Job, Xavier Baptiste, Knycky Cordner (host), Tiffany Paul, Janique Charles, Jason Luke.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
3 Responses
  1. gravatar MONIFA MAWUSI

    Macco, I love the intensity in your Maccoing. However i'm mostly impressed with your honesty, which can be rear for others. It's a challenge to not get caught up in saying what people may want to hear, but saying what they need to hear. So I must say honest critique will help those who are willing to take it as such.
    KEEP MACCOING

  2. gravatar Anonymous

    The stone that the builders reject has become the corner stone .
    Critique that is filled with bias is no critique at all.... where is the objectivity....
    Remember it is easy to say nasty things about people ...with out caring about their mental strenght to cope .... don't de-humanise people just to catch an audience ...

  3. De-humanize anyone...Maybe you can point out what you are referring to...It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for the comment though :-)

Leave a Reply