Pages

Edwin "Eddie" Charles - The Traffik Man

Eddie Charles has been a part of the music industry in Trinidad and Tobago for quite some time. He is a Traffik die hard band member..although the macco realized that he has been on and off....but it seems as though Traffik is his home for now..People thought they woulda fail ent...after the "star" left.....buh wah happen to the female singer...anyhoos that is a different story..... Edwin "Eddie" Charles answered a couple of our questions so you the maccos can know a lil more about him!!









Entertainment Macco: Who is Eddie Charles?
Eddie Charles: "People describe me as a soca artiste but to me I am an entertainer, I entertain people."

Entertainment Macco: What is your horoscope/sign? Share your birth date with me as well.
Eddie Charles: "Aquarius, January 21st 1972"
Entertainment Macco: Haha!! Aquarius rules....(Just because I am one also)

Entertainment Macco: How long have you been in the business?
Eddie Charles: "Since I was like 10 years old I was in a parang band “Los Pericos” and singing Soca, I was also a member of Malick folk performers."

Entertainment Macco: When you are not singing what are you doing?
Eddie Charles: "Home... cleaning, cooking washing, house chores, I chill home because I have seen just about everything so I relax at home."
Entertainment Macco: So what you are saying that you are a home bird!! This is new to me!!

Entertainment Macco: Was it your dream to be apart of a band?
Eddie Charles: "Yes, my Dad was a musician and my eldest brother used to sing with Gemini Brass, my whole family was into music"

Entertainment Macco: Now we know you are from Trinidad but where did you grow up and go to school?
Eddie Charles: "Santa Cruz, Bourg Mulatresse RC, Barataria Jr Sec, San Juan Senior Comprehensive."

Entertainment Macco: Apart from singing are there any instruments that you can play?
Eddie Charles: "Cuatro, drums (Percussion Instruments) small things here and there."

Entertainment Macco: What is your favourite kind of music?
Eddie Charles: "Soca, R&B, slow jams and lil bit of reggae."

Entertainment Macco: Can you cook? if so what is your favourite dish?
Eddie Charles: "Yes, I cook everything but I have no favorite dish."

Entertainment Macco: What is your biggest turn off in a woman?
Eddie Charles: "I can’t stand to see a scrappy woman, the way she carries herself, her attire is very important."

Entertainment Macco: What is your idea of a perfect date?
Eddie Charles: " I don’t really date, but a nice restaurant , nice food, I am always on the go , I never really had time to go on a date"

Entertainment Macco: I heard somewhere that you are an entrepreneur, what business are you into?
Eddie Charles: "I have my own mini mart, I sell clothes, car rentals; I am into business."

Entertainment Macco: Where would you like to be in 5 years?
Eddie Charles: "I wish soca could reach to the Grammys and I would like to be apart of that."

Entertainment Macco: In your industry what is your biggest pet peeve, something that stresses you out?
Eddie Charles: "When you reach to perform at a show early and you playing last. How I could reach for 11:00 PM and we not playing till 3-4 in the morning."
Entertainment Macco: Yeah I feel you!! That has to be hard and unfair! Or maybe...anyhow leh meh eh say that..I eh wanna instigate! lol

Entertainment Macco: Are you involved in any other part of the entertainment industry? If yes what part?
Eddie Charles: "No I just do music, before doing music I was a machine operator and I quit to do music full time."
Entertainment Macco: You quit yuh Job? That has to be pure passion!!

Entertainment Macco: What is one word that best describes your personality?
Eddie Charles: "Fun, Shit talk..... that is me."

Entertainment Macco: Are you married or in a relationship?
Eddie Charles: "In a relationship"

Entertainment Macco: So... Traffik seems to home for now, but I know in the past you left what made you go back?
Eddie Charles: "Andy and I have always been close and he called me back so I went. There was never any bad vibes between us. We have always been good."

Entertainment Macco: Do you have any children or plan on having any?
Eddie Charles: "Yes I have children"

Entertainment Macco: When looking for a mate, do you rather someone in the industry or out of it and why?
Eddie Charles: "Out, I don’t like women in the spotlight it is too much to deal with."

Entertainment Macco: Why do you think there are more successful men in our entertainment industry than women?
Eddie Charles: "Men are more aggressive, some women seem to be more laid back, you call a woman to do an interview she has to get dressed up, do make-up and change clothes so many times."

Entertainment Macco: What made you stick with your own name and not use a sobriquet?
Eddie Charles: "I just stick with my own name, even though my name is Edwin."

Entertainment Macco: Favourite country to visit?
Eddie Charles: "Cayman Islands....all the small islands."

Entertainment Macco: What advice would you give to other peoople who are just entering the industry or females in the industry who are not as established as you?
Eddie Charles: "Think positive, anything you do think positive never think negative about yourself, you can do anything you put your mind to."

Entertainment Macco: Are you living your dream or do you think there is more you can do? If there is more do you care to share it with the macco?
Eddie Charles: "Yes I am living my dream. I wish I was the president so maybe I could make Trinidad a better place to live in."

Entertainment Macco: When you die how do you want to be remembered?
Eddie Charles: "I want an Edwin Eddie Charles Statue in the heart of Port-of-Spain, Independence Square (Laughing)"

Entertainment Macco: I know there are real life maccos out there, how do you keep your personal life off the streets and separate from you business life?
Eddie Charles: "You can't really stop maccos, somebody always hear something, you will be home all week and they will still talk."
Entertainment Macco: Yeah boi Maccos just do not give up **giggles** I eh know why some of them so!

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
0 Responses
Leave a Reply