Pages

A Caribbean Soul Christmas - Tigress

Tigress is feisty among other things and on the album so showed a different side….Her rendition added a classy maturity and polish to the album…not that it required polishing but the Album is Shining!!! Her beautiful rendition of Joy to the world is sure to raise some pores and put you into that sentimental and appreciative Christmas mood…(If you are not in it as yes)









Entertainment Macco: What does Christmas mean to you?

Tigress: “In the old testament the prophet Isaiah wrote in Chapter 9 Vs 16..."For unto us a child is born; for unto us a child is given and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father the Prince of Peace.” Therefore at Christmas time there is no doubt in my mind due to my undying faith in my Lord and Saviour that My Redeemer Liveth..so it’s all about being Merry, giving, making people happy and rejoicing, as I know he came so we can have life everlasting


Entertainment Macco: What is your most memorable Christmas experience?

Tigress: Seeing the joy on my sons faces on Christmas morning, as I always got them exactly what they wanted...although they never told me..”


Entertainment Macco: What made you choose this particular Christmas Carol?

Tigress: "I did not, it was chosen by Mrs Natasha Andrews-Noel.... before I even got to the studio the music was arranged already, I remember Shawn coming out of the studio really excited saying I want it done like.... I looked at him laughed and we both started singing it the same way.just flowing with the music."


Entertainment Macco: Is this Christmas Carol your favourite or is there one closer to your heart? If there is one share it!

Tigress: "Joy to the World" is definitely one of my favourites...I love The Holy City which is sometimes debated as an Easter Song and Go tell it on the Mountain."


Entertainment Macco: This is the first time I have heard you sing/play in this style, and it is great can we look forward to hearing this style more often?

Tigress: "I know its the firs time YOU heard me do something like this but I am no stranger to this, type of music, and you can definitely look forward to more of this from Tigress."


Entertainment Macco: What challenges if any did you face in your interpretation of this carol?

Tigress: "None."

Entertainment Macco: Experienceeeeeeeee????


Entertainment Macco: What Christmas traditions do you “MUST” follow every year?

Tigress: "The traditions I love to follow every year are quite a few...first on my list will be giving, my new Curtains/Drapes, Ham, Black Cake, Sorrel, well I don’t do a tree anymore but that’s definitely used to be one, but I must do my poinsettias."


Entertainment Macco: What is one thing you taught, or plan to, or would like to teach your child/children about Christmas?

Tigress: "I have taught my children to give especially at Christmas time, and be happy with whatever God has blessed you with."


Entertainment Macco: What is your absolute favourite Christmas dish?

Tigress:"Well not sure if you will call it a dish, but Black Cake is it for me..also love pastelles."

Entertainment Macco: Yummy @ Pastelles *drools*


Entertainment Macco: Are you the early preparation type and comfortable type OR the last minute hustle and bustle, smelling the fresh paint type?

Tigress: "I am little of both like to know what drapes I am putting up long before my colour scheme, but then you have to forget one item, there is a certain rush you get from being amidst the hustle and bustle of the holidays."


Entertainment Macco: Do you think Christmas is appreciated, as it should be?

Tigress: "No... Christmas is not appreciated as it should be its not especially in the US, it’s commercial. We in the West Indies still have our traditions that we keep."


Entertainment Macco: Does the actual day mean as much to you as the season?

Tigress: "Jesus is the reason for the season, So it’s the season not the day."


Entertainment Macco: Parang VERSUS Carols; which one do you prefer?

Tigress: "I like them both Parang to me is the wee hours of the morning you are trying to keep some parangderos off your new linoleum, and they have to use the back steps as not to step on the wet paint on the post office red front step

Carols is the days of Carolers coming around with their candles, collecting a "lil change" in a tray...or sometimes you are in the church choir and you are in the church play for Christmas, you are going to rehearsals for weeks..those were the days of real Christmas Carols so they are both very near and dear to me."

Entertainment Macco: LOL @ Post Office Red front step...haha


Entertainment Macco: Do you feel the same about Christmas as an adult in comparison to your feelings when you were a child? What has changed?

Tigress: "My feelings about Christmas has not changed one bit because..don't think there are any comparisons though.....it still is the most festive time of the year for me, But now being a adult/parent and only having sons, Christmas took a different turn they use to fuss "Mom this is to much work" "I am tired" "Could we not do this” so I had to do all the decorating and they will do the painting of course with the assurance their Christmas gifts will be grand ones

As the child you were told what to do and we use to get the goodies when they were stale as they were for " when people come” and you had fun with your gift that was decided for you which may have been a ball, a doll, a tea set or a snake and ladder game which you appreciated by the way..may I add I still have a tea pot from my childhood."


Entertainment Macco: If there was one thing you could change about Christmas, what would it be?

Tigress: "I will bring back the Christ in Christmas I think it’s lost...we don’t celebrate Christmas for what it is anymore"


Entertainment Macco: Are you on the Naughty or Nice list? I hope you are not getting coal in your stockings this Christmas… lol

Tigress:Well I am always on the Nice List...as Tigress makes sure Joanne is treated nice as I always take care of my star player...ME..so my stocking will have what I decide should be in there.”


You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
0 Responses
Leave a Reply