Pages

Answer Back Dat; Jah Bami Responds




The Clash is on, Squeezy started it, but will Jah Bami finish it?  He wasted no time responding to Squeezy's track. Bami headed straight to studio and laid down some sharp lyrics, recorded a video and released it to the social media world. Being a true macco I had to talk to Jah Bami and get his side of the story. Just to fill everyone in, Squeezy Rankin, recorded and released a song dissing international recording artistes Khari Kill and Jah Bami. In this interview we were able to get inside Jah Bami's head and ask all the questions that everybody wants to know!!


Entertainment Macco: What was your initial reaction when you heard Squeezy Ranking calling your name in his diss?
Jah Bami: “I was in a meeting and after the meeting I was told to go on the computer because Squeezy send a message for me. So I was like what going on here?  To me it was funny and I was laughing because I know he is a jokey man but when I heard the things he was saying about me and the obscene language that was when I  realized he was serious. Now he and Khari had some kind of beef when they were like 15 or 16 and he (Squeezy) talked to me about it and I tell him them need to deal with that...”

Entertainment Macco: Do you think that you responding was the best way to deal with the situation? Why?
Jah Bami: “To be honest it wasn’t the best way because I know the artiste, I know the individual, and I know him on a personal level. I considered him meh brethren; I know which part he came from. My natural instinct was not to respond, that is why I went on Facebook asking people what they think, some said yes while others said no. On a real though, if a man calls you out, the right thing to do is answer back. If I didn’t answer people would have said I soft...Right now what Squeezy doing is like Satan interfering with Jah.”


Entertainment Macco: Now that a clash is official do you intend to respond every time Squeezy sends messages?
Jah Bami:  “Clash eh have no rules, everything I talking bout is where I living, it eh easy to live on my block and I have it locked. My beef is not with Squeezy is with the people who endorsing he shit. I feel he have to do like 3 songs for my one song for me to answer him back. What I watching is the fact that people enjoying the clash so that might encourage me to respond as well. Until he stop I will keep jabbing because I am a boxer you feel me? Squeezy is a punk and I will expose him and his fans.”
Entertainment Macco: Alright...I am following you…
Jah Bami:  “Let Khari come and defend he business now.  My problem is with Kwasi from Studio 53, them looking for hype. We do real hard work behind that studio and them coming behind we. …”


Entertainment Macco:  I have to ask though, what happened with you and Studio 53?
Jah Bami:  “Kwasi is a nasty man, plain talk. He does anything for petty fame and image, he just looking for hype; he do it without respect for me, without respect for Khari and even without respect for Squeezy. Right now I eh want nothing to do with studio 53 or studio 53 artistes…Straight up!”


Entertainment Macco: In Squeezy’s interview he stated that his problem was never with you, if you had this information before would you have responded the same way?
Jah Bami:: “Yeah I would have still responded, that is derogatory, Squeezy know where I would have been if I wasn’t a Rastaman, my dreads are my antennas and he disrespect. If you have nothing with a man don’t call he name. It have real people I don’t like and I doh call nobody name. You can’t call meh name because me and Khari Kill good but you see when ungodly men sit down and have counsel about you the weakest does show themselves and that is Squeezy.”

Entertainment Macco: I heard that you and Squeezy were on a tour in Trinidad recently where you all were singing for youths, is that true? If yes when was it and what was the tour about?
Jah Bami:  “Not a tour but we sang for some kids on St. Paul street, good thing I have that taped, because Squeezy saying no and trying to give people the impression that me and he had issues or something.”

Entertainment Macco:  In his interview Squeezy said it is never personal with him when he disses an artiste, are you taking his attack personally?
Jah Bami:  “Yeah I taking it personally, you know why? You see the part where he say it isn’t personal that is just a cover. I know the fight, I understand the man but still you just cannot call up my name and not expect me to take it personally. Is 15 years he diving off them stage yuh know! It is personal with me I can tell you that... Straight!”


Entertainment Macco: Have you ever been attacked by an artiste before? If yes when? If no, why do you think?
Jah Bami: “Never….but I could smell the fear on nuff ah them around me. I could have a million diss tunes but that is not my scene.”
Entertainment Macco: Why you feel no one has ever done it before?
Jah Bami:: “Because I am a respectable guy, I am a team player, I does help meh brothers them. My fight is with the radio stations, I know them don’t like me from the 1st “Ah Cah Wait” because them try to fight us down. As for Squeez, he looking for pity from he Trini fans and the war is on.”


Entertainment Macco: Why didn't you leave Khari to respond first?
Jah Bami: “Khari on tour in California and I was about to head there too, we sign up to go on tour with Lutan Fire, Norris man, Ras Attitude and some other names. I was not going to waste time for Squeezy to get all the hype so I jump on it.”
Entertainment Macco:  Khari know what going on?
Jah Bami: “Well I sent the riddim for Khari and I let him know to defend himself, he is very aware with what happening but he doing his thing too.”


Entertainment Macco: How does he feel about your response to Squeezy Rankin?
Jah Bami: “Khari laugh, we laugh, we know he does cut grass and he get a melody in he head and run in the studio and sing it…but that eh make him no artiste, so we had a good laugh at him trying to diss us.”
Entertainment Macco: He comfortable with what is happening?
Jah Bami: “He cool man he know Squeezy and them other artiste who paring with him eh ready for we. If we used to move like them other Trinis who make it big and eh come back home we will be fine yuh know but we love Trini.”


Entertainment Macco:: You refer to Squeezy as Nigga over and over again, Do you endorse the use of that word?
Jah Bami:  “People talking bout my use of the word nigga and yet people still buy a Jay Z album and he is a millionaire and them eh damning Squeezy bout his derogatory statements and cussing loosely etc and people endorsing him. I was rhyming…nigga, figure, Hilfiger, people are hypocrites liming with them friends calling each other niggas but because I say it there is a problem.”


Entertainment Macco:  In your song you make mention of Squeezy cutting grass/soil digger, do you look down on that profession?
Jah Bami: “Since I born and know myself all I doing is music, when I was in the Coastguard I was doing that and when I left there I was still doing music. My whole career is music, even if people eh hear me doing it I still living. He messing with my profession and when I jump on his, people mad at me. Why everyone riding my back? Besides being an artiste I am a father and I have to deal with that. Squeezy them know I eh really a favourite, my name eh jumping up in Trini so my name easy to call. I respect anybody who doing any kind of labour, he making his bread and I respect that but don’t come and look down on my profession. If I have to reach to me cutting grass, I will do it too because I have mouths to feed. He cutting grass for a very long time, landscaping is his thing and he has perfected that craft and so have I.”
Entertainment Macco: What about the whole Tommy Hilfiger thing?
Jah Bami: “Squeezy talk about he doing his diss old school, Tommy Hilfiger was very popular with black people back in the day and even back then squeezy never wear one. It is just a lyrical diss but it’s also a fact.”


Entertainment Macco: Before the release of Squeezy's song would you say that you guys were friends or was there some drama brewing from before?
Jah Bami:  “The last time I was chilling with him on St Paul street, chilling and drinking Henny talking bout the industry and what we could do to make it better we was cool. I never had any beef with him and again my beef is not with Squeezy, I have a beef not with him because he is just the pawn that them put to take the bait.”


Entertainment Macco: What type of message do you hope to send to your fans by the whole clash situation? That Jah Bami is not to be messed with?
Jah Bami: “People know me for singing some sensible stuff and good music and yet still some people may not believe in you. It have some people who will try to denounce your name. Let it just be a lyrical battle if Squeezy prove he more lyrical respect to the brother, if people say me then so it goes. But when I firing shots I doh leggo no Badang! You see all the artistes who wasn’t talking before tell them don’t talk now, he is my son I eh want nobody punking him I alone must punk him. Nobody trouble the money me alone could punk he.”


Entertainment Macco: Now we have been maccoing your FB page and we see that some of your fans supported your response while others felt you should have just ignored Sqeezy, why didn't you ignore him? What influenced your decision to respond?
Jah Bami: “I wouldn’t be on Entertainment Macco right now if I did * Haha *, it wouldn’t have any excitement if I had decided to keep my mouth shut. You know what, I did the maths and within that I realize that if I don’t answer back, Trini wouldn’t have a full understanding of who Jah Bami is still. All the Squeezy Rankin fans who not showing him no better are silly people just like him, before they sit down with the man and show him or teach him how to handle the industry professionally them endorsing his nonsense.”
Entertainment Macco: Right I hear you…
Jah Bami: with people who eh need work permits, try and better yourself people out here who are Trinis didn’t even know who Squeezy was until he call up my name, not even a bootlegger have a Squeezy cd. I will use him to exercise…* Haha * Squeezy is a bigger artiste than me in Trini I will admit that, I doh get booked in Trini and I will admit that because that is what Trini endorse.”


Entertainment Macco: Clashing in music is this something you are accustomed to participating in and would you recommend this sought of thing to new artist in the business?
Jah Bami: “Yeah off course, I recommend it. That is where the Squeezy, Khari, Bami, Bunji, 3Suns and all ah them come from. Clashing was always good, that is how your skills stay sharp. It is good once it stays lyrical and no one jumps out of themselves. You know how much people want other people spot in the industry and once that person loose them earn their spot. When I said the man don’t make figures is just me trying to tell him don’t let people clown him, take time and perfect your craft so you can make real money.”


Entertainment Macco: So the riddim that you sang on is one that was produced by Studio 53, since this is the same riddim that squeeezy sang on is it safe to say that the music was done in preparation for a clash are they supporting the clash how were you able to get access to and record on the same riddim as squeezy?
Jah Bami: “When I heard the song I wanted to find out who build the riddim so I asked and Lava responded saying that he did it. So I asked him if he trying to set meh up basically and he said that wasn’t his scene. I asked him to send the riddim for me and sent he it like in 20 minutes after I hit him. As soon as I got the riddim I went in the studio the same day and record it and shoot the video one time and put it up. “


Entertainment Macco: Do you rate yourself as an international artiste?
Jah Bami: “I have an American passport, what do you think? Yes I rate myself...I am trying to get work permits for my brethrens to come foreign because when them come foreign they eh go need Trini support. I rate myself because I pass the level of certain artistes, the same grassroots that shot Squeezy video, I bring him up to St Lucia to shoot “She’s Fire” and he eat he ass full and now he in the fight and all….but I does leave them…We doh loose no sleep off ah them..”


Entertainment Macco: Have you ever written or recorded a song bashing another artiste?
Jah Bami: “I have been clashing long time, I was the number one clash man in the base…but I never sit down and pen no tune or record any bashing no artiste, I eh looking for no fame.”


Entertainment Macco:  Now we are all aware that you reside in the US, what struggles have you encountered as a Trini artiste living in the US?
Jah Bami:  “The hardest is working with Trinis in foreign, I kind of stop working with too many of them. I started working with other Caribbean artistes because them thinking bigger because they are all Caribbean and not selfish…”


Entertainment Macco: Are you concerned about how handling issues like this can affect your growth as an artiste?
Jah Bami: “Let me tell you something, you can’t grow anymore as an artiste when you reach a certain age, your music will grow but I eh feel this affecting me because on the real my music not playing in Trini and that not bothering me. I am growing as a professional and that is my growth in general.”


Entertainment Macco: I have noticed that you and Squeezy both made mention of the Bunji and Fay ann, is there are reason for that, is there some sought of beef brewing according to your song Squeezy is their Mascot?
Jah Bami:: “In this industry some of us come from the same lining.. I was the first person that Bunji ever clash with. When me and him clash it was very heavy and it caused tension. I remember a time he meet me by the dial in Arima and he let me know that he getting into soca and I rate him. I could tell you that he buss with “Send them riddim mad” in We beat. It have no beef with me and Bunji or Fay Ann although Khari had ah issue with Bunji song “Banana” and Bunji and his wife tried to pull me up by association. Khari and Squeezy cut from the same cloth, them does do they own thing, say they own thing and so it goes.”


Entertainment Macco:  Being involved in this clash, how do you feel this will impact your career? Do you see any good coming out of this?
Jah Bami:  “I man have different portfolios, my meditation is different, I am getting into film school, RTV to launch soon, my situation is about that but this clash thing is to exercise my skill as an artiste and get back into the thing because I did kinda rest that for a while. I never went to broadcasting school to work on Tempo, I had 103 episodes and I am on to something else.”

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
42 Responses
  1. gravatar Anonymous

    Wow how many times did he say I? lol

  2. gravatar Anonymous

    great interview

  3. gravatar Anonymous

    jah bami answer back harddddddddd

  4. gravatar Anonymous

    jah bami baby you sexy.

  5. gravatar Anonymous

    Big artiste indeed. Show dem how its done JB! That's how u do a sensible interview!! Set d example fuh dem eediat bwoy to follow. Real talk! I'm proud!

  6. gravatar Anonymous

    any boy disrespect will get dealt with. jah bami round one goes to you.

  7. gravatar Anonymous

    sensible, jahbami you make sense.

  8. gravatar Anonymous

    Jah bamcee eh win shit he wants no part of Squeezy no day . Them fellas dead ........... Did u all hear Squeezy responds to Jah bamcee song ? He answer back that .....punk !

  9. gravatar Anonymous

    @ #9 Squeezy sound like a dunce who fail common entrance in dat answer back....All he do is switch Khari name and put in Bamcee and agree to everyting Bami say bout him...is better Bami called him Gay too, he woulda say everybody know ah like battybwoy too den???....Please...lol

    Squeezy need to file down dem horse teeth so his diction could improve, and he wont sound like he singng wid shit in his grill, Also as Bami say in his reply, get some hooks and read some books and stop try par wid a real lyrcists. Real Talk.

  10. gravatar Anonymous
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  11. gravatar Anonymous

    lol @ 11 sound like u havin spasms over there....Lmaoooo....

  12. Please, Please keep the comments clean or they will be removed. Thank you

  13. gravatar Anonymous

    Jah bami, squeezy can't walk a day in your shoes.

  14. gravatar Anonymous

    Wicked answer back bami...dem fellas nah ready for you

  15. gravatar Anonymous

    but wha do squeezy. a man is just a man. jahbami kill him

  16. gravatar Anonymous

    brap brap brap man say squeezy does wear rubber slippers in the rainy weather. fireeeeeeeee

  17. gravatar Anonymous

    @ 9 how you sound like somebody from squeezy gtm family so. if dat was squeezy hardest then is best he stay cutting grass.

  18. gravatar Anonymous

    JAHBAMCEE JUS DEADDDD!!!!!!!!..PENNYWISE RASTA!!!!!!!!!
    BIG "RASTA MAN" ENDORSING OPPRESSORS LIKE TOMMY HILFIGER....

  19. gravatar Darkie

    I weak..for style and confidence I give Squeezy an 8 and Bami a 5. Squeezy is rugged and very rough around the edges that is why I think people like him so much..as for lyrics is vocabulary is small so he cannot beat bami in lyrics..for creativity I think they are running a steady race. This clash is quite entertaining and I think it is healthy once there is no badness involved..keep it fun, entertaining and clean.

  20. gravatar Anonymous

    So dem fellas in studio 53 gay....hahahahaha. i really find the red one name kwasi look suspect haha

  21. gravatar Anonymous

    how squeezy ranking on jah bami bamcee so. squeezy yuh feel is you not gay.

  22. gravatar Anonymous

    @ 22 squeezy say everybody know kwesi gay maybe the two ah dem together. hahaha ah weakkkkkk.

  23. gravatar Anonymous

    anybody know who riddim jahbami answer back on? that riddim was week but jahbami ride it tough. squeezy was just mumbling nonsense

  24. gravatar Anonymous

    bami since when you living in a basement my lord. people does talk mess eh

  25. gravatar Anonymous

    at 19 lol, i sure you wearing a tommy hilfigar now

  26. gravatar Anonymous

    nice interview jah bami, keep doing your thing.

  27. gravatar Anonymous

    Now this response is guaranteed to get me labeled a "hater," seeing that is the common term used to critique artists that make music for people to listen to; furthermore the fact that I listen to all the artists in this clash, will get ignored. At the end of the day, who vex lost.
    Jah Bami, large up yuhself for doing the interview. After the response to Squeezy's first shot yuh put yuhself in hot water for calling yuh kinman/brethren/lyrical foe, or whatever yuh want to label Squeezy Rankin, "nigga." To come in this interview and then justify it using the people and saying people buy Jay-Z music and he uses it is senseless. Jay-Z has never once proclaimed himself a rasta nor has he self-titled himself the anointing of anyone, you did; therefore, their is big difference, not to mention Jay-Z is a known devil worshiper and free mason. Squeezy also never made mention that he's Jah anything or a rasta. Now maybe I giving rastas on a whole to much credit just like everyone else who felt funny about you calling yuh brother "nigga." Your guidelines are different since you're Jah's toe, he fingers, he nose and he everything. Yes it's not right that today black people today refer to each other as "niggas." I'm not looking to put responsibility on your shoulders by saying you're suppose to set an example as an artist, but when the rasta part come ing, then yuh supposed to set the example. Why? Isn't rasta against them thing? Why yuh locs so curly anyway? Thats how yuh fall into the trap and make what the man say about you being a fraudulent rasta, seem true. I'm not judging you, but simply making it obvious since it didn't seem that way.
    Another thing. Yuh can't label Squeezy's fans as silly fans. Them might be some of your fans also. To name call any artists fans at that make yuh seem spiteful towards the artists fans, which is what I get from a lot of your responses. Maybe im wrong.
    Lastly, since when having a United States passport was the only qualification for being an international artist? It so easy boy? I thought yuh have to be getting work outside of your country consistently to be deemed an international artist? As far as I know, having a U.S. passport just means yuh get granted U.S. citizenship. Unless I'm wrong.
    To sum it up, yuh shot was ok but it wasn't a fatal one. The Tommy Hilfiger line, even if yuh reasoning was to kill him in an old school stylin, was dry because like the man say, the man is a racist and nobody wears he ting. I guess that's why yuh call him "nigga" so much, to keep with the old school feel. He response was even more venomous, in that he pointed out how yuh get caught up in he trap. Gun lyrics in a lyrical battle shows that yuh have no lyrical ability. Talk done...Bless!!!

  28. gravatar Anonymous

    @28 GO SO!!!!! Clash is Clash, Lyrics IS Lyrics jah bamme hard with he flow and delivery... When squeezy say Badang or Jah bamcee just dead how he killing him, with them cartoon flows... JAH BAMMIE IS A LYRICIST,once the fans ain't take it to tht level... Squeezy is a comedian, Jah bammie is a battle chanting...both style will b disrepectful to each other... squeezy talking he sodomy talk.... Bammie burning him with tht. Gun lyrics always be in clash...Ppl does only know to discriminate Rasta to make themself feel better... I live in the states, and sorry to say nigga is just a slang, get over it. a bunch envious ppl...

  29. gravatar Anonymous

    @28 i live in bahamas and bami does his birthday party out here in 3 island...and its something we looking forward to every year, to bad we didnt see sweet bami in the 242 this year for his birthday.... bahamas love jahbamus and his curly sexy ras!

  30. gravatar Anonymous

    i am a rastaman and the term nigga is not just a slang,Its negative, and it promotes negativety, and thats not a word a real rastaman would be using so freely... Bami is a very good artist, underrated even, but rasta not inna dem foolishness .....

    @28 comment at the cringled/curly dread,,,, dem thing rasta man does bun out, cause dais fashion dread behaviour not something a Real ras does do

    Bami continue doing ya thing, cause i rate yuh,i know u better than squeezy just know as jah anoited, comes a responsibility,,, i cant wrong yuh for clashing, but knowu dont have to use nigga, and gun man talk to win clash

  31. gravatar Anonymous

    ppl really wanna get deep in d 'rasta' tlk, 'rasta' in amharic has no meaning it's ras, meaning head, or ras tafari, and there is also ras teferi, being a 'rasta', which is the commercial slang, isnt only about growing ur hair whether it be a bongo natty or a neater natty, either way it is a covenant, but it is also actually doing His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Might of the Trinity, (which is wht Haile Selassie means in amharic) works and adhearing to His utterances, keeping sabbath Holy etc.I think Jah bami bunnin sodomite ting especially whn d lyrics involve Jah's name is highly commendable and attacks on how a ras wears his/her crown is not! having said that the word nigga i can ovastand to be offensive to some, but it is a word used un certain comunities to mean brethren, it is just how its is!it is good to educate about these things but hopefully the use of the word wont keep d i's in a mental block and wont leave a permanent scar and we can trod on!!!! no one can judge a man's heart except d Almighty, d lyrical clash i believe is wht trini needs, this is a watershed in trini's music industry... history in the making! blessed

  32. gravatar Anonymous

    @ 28 a US passport don't make you an international artist, but being known, played and performances does. It is so stupid to debate whether Jah bami is international since it is very obvious that he is well known and his music is being played world wide, has performed as far as japan. To debate this fact is pure ignorance, mis education or just plain hate!

  33. gravatar Anonymous

    I'm sorry but in both of squeezy's videos as well as in his interview he sounded and looked like a nigga...what this should do is help squeezy clean himself up. it is so hypocritical of all these ppl talking about jahbami's use of the word nigga when trinis so often call ppl "ole niggas" when they lack class and tact" and that is exactly what squeezy is lacking. @28, squeezy is an artist too and has the same responsibility as jahbami to positivly impact his fans as well as the general public. Infact it is more of a responsiblity of squeezy to ensure the words that come out of his mouth is sensible and uplifting since it is arguable that he gets more trini rotation than these other two international artists. But he come out and in a derogatory manner speaks about Jah's bamcee and Jah's Dick! What about the Rastafari community or overall spiritual people, isn't that disrespectful to them. Jah bami being a rastaman, it is commendable that he responded immediately to defend it.

    I am a very firm believer in fairness so in that breath what does "Jah bamcee just dead" mean? That is also arguable that squeezy is speaking gun and death talks. Why is it ok for it to be said by one artist? I replayed jah bami's track over and over and it sounds to me like all he is saying to squeezy is " what makes u so bad, u never pressd a triggar, the baddest thing about you is your face!!! He even proceeds to clarify in the song that he is killing with the music! So 28 your argument is weak.

  34. gravatar Anonymous

    @31 as a rasta u should know salvation personal... see ah man face can't judge his heart...if squeezy know jah bami was not to b mention don't invole him...Gun shot fi batty boi..lyrically.

  35. gravatar Anonymous

    the tommy hilifigure arguement with ppl against bami is weak... tommy hilifigure has a record company, if he was to approach anyone those artiste to b sign, wat would allyuh say? don't sign he is a racist... White ppl own majority of wat we purchase, do u know how many of them are racist? i listening for melody, hooks and who is more effective..squeezy answer back was gabbage.. u don't have to use badness lyrics cool, but using sodomite lyrics is not cool... i hAVe clash tunes from kari kill, bami and when dem come to kill a sound, ppl dead.

  36. gravatar Anonymous

    @#30 jah bamcee will not be having has birthday party in the Bahamas because he is not wit Tempo anymore .Who u think use to pay for dat ? NOT JAH BAMCEE OR MAYBE HE BAMCEE ................LOL . Mr. Tempo run hom wen he stop give it up ....ask him !!

  37. gravatar Anonymous

    This is just stupid, what is Jah Bami talking about Jay Z use the N word, since when that makes it OK? That is just the dumbest answer to that question i have ever heard

  38. gravatar Anonymous
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  39. gravatar Anonymous

    # 38 you are Jah Bami, I talk to Jah Bami already and #38 you are him. Stop coming on the Blog and getting mad when people giving there opinions talking bout get off a nigga dick. YOU ARE SO TRANSPARENT.

  40. gravatar Anonymous

    @ "u doh kno nutten bout me" big tune by juicy jah bami them can't walk inna yuh shoe no day rude bwoi

  41. gravatar Anonymous

    @36, you sound like mr tempo. im an ex employee of tempo and trust me, tempo doh even have money to pay attention. jahbami pay for his own party.

Leave a Reply