Pages

Squeezy Rankin, It's Never Personal




Squeezy Rankin is one of the most controversial artiste in Trinidad and Tobago, his style and lyrics are two things that many music enthusiasts have still not grown accustom to. Recently Squeezy Rankin sent a message to Khari Kill and Jah Bami (two Trinidadian artistes based in NYC) through a song and video which was made public via Facebook. Needless to say, the action taken by Squeezy Rankin may have shocked disgusted and impressed many and the response from Jah Bami has created quite a stir (Entertainment Macco is working on this) Being a regular macco (I am proud to say such) I just had to call up Squeezy to find out what was the real deal and what fuelled his "diss". I am trying to get my hands on a copy of the video to upload to the blog for those who may not be familiar with what has happened, however the video and the response from Jah Bami can both be found on Facebook. 








Entertainment Macco: Tell me who is Squeezy Rankin?
Squeezy Rankin: “A rugged and different artiste, I and all doh really know…when people hear me or see me they have me down as the downtown artiste and that is who I am…the artiste who they don’t want uptown”

Entertainment Macco: How long have you been in the business?
Squeezy Rankin: “Longtime…Real long”

Entertainment Macco: Why the name Squeezy Rankin? Is there history behind this sobriquet?
Squeezy Rankin: “Since I was small I had the nickname Squeezy and I added in the Rankin…I doh know why they gave me the name Squeezy; maybe it was because I was a premature baby, I never asked. I added in the Rankin because in the era I started music in, it had certain men in the industry who had that name “Rankin” and they were running things and guess what? I wanted to run things too. I tried to change the name many times but it won’t leave me.”

Entertainment Macco: What is your given name?
Squeezy Rankin:  “Anthony La Fleur.”

Entertainment Macco: I saw your video on Facebook which was directed to Khari Kill and Jah Bami, what was that about?
Squeezy Rankin:  “Hear wah going on!  He eh really do me nothing yuh know is the bad mind, every time somebody else getting a shine in front ah Khari he does get vex, so I decide that I eh going down that road again with him…. We do a compilation he say he thing once, he say it twice and the third time that was the last straw. It eh have nothing to do with Bami he just end up in the mix.”

Entertainment Macco: Do you feel that this was the best way to send your message to Khari and Jah Bami?
Squeezy Rankin:  “That is always the best way to send the message…what you want me to do meet him and ask him wah is that one? I eh have time for that, I does deal with it straight!”

Entertainment Macco: I heard this is not the first time you have bashed another artiste? Is this true and is it just fun for you?
Squeezy Rankin: “I bash real artiste before like Garlin which was a counter attack to something he sang it wasn’t really bashing, I bash Machel for beating up the man in Zen and people was scared to call him out on it although what he did was wrong and I also bash Prophet Benjamin on a song he did too.
Entertainment Macco: Is it something personal with the artistes?
Squeezy Rankin: “It has nothing to do with them getting me mad is just certain things about their music or something that they might have done that wasn’t right not anything personal.”  

Entertainment Macco: Are you concerned about how handling issues like this can affect your growth as an artiste?
Squeezy Rankin:  “This is the kind of artiste I am, I have one of the baddest demeanours as an artiste when compared to many in the game. I does give people what they want. This eh affecting my growth at all, not negatively, not ever.”

Entertainment Macco: Internationally this is a great way of gaining publicity is this your objective?
Squeezy Rankin:  “I doh really business bout international, when that come then I will deal with that. I am dealing with wah I know here. I am not ignorant but I deal with what I deal with here…No it was not a publicity stunt, as I told you some  men too bad mind and I doh bad mind no body so I eh want  no one do me that. When them getting them 10 tunes on a CD and I eh have not one I doh say nothing. I remained in line and waited for my turn and now them badminding me. Nah man!”

Entertainment Macco: What kind of thought goes into the process of “bashing” other artistes?
Squeezy Rankin: “You have to think about bashing him *Haha*…it have different ways of bashing people. I take all the wrong things he (Khari) did and put it together with a little hook and add in one or two things in it and that is how it goes for most of the bashings. It is like writing a regular tune, you have to think it, you have to think comedic…It depends on the kind of bashing.”

Entertainment Macco: Do you write your own music?
Squeezy Rankin:  “Yeah….I can’t go into a lyrical battle and eh write meh own songs. I go be a shithong if I eh do my own thing”

Entertainment Macco: Has there been an ongoing “beef” with you and Khari Kill?
Squeezy Rankin:  “Hear this, he had a song called “Rainy weather” at a point in time and I had a song with that same name...he find that I shouldn’t sing on the  same topic and he start talking ah set ah shit. Then he come and sing bout me, Bunji and someone else and I eh take that on. Is not no beef thing with me this is just the way I does deal with a situation...is not no badness thing with me either…I doh deal with guns and badness. I don’t have to big up Facebook groups to get no powers and forwards like wah them does do them does buy fans.”

Entertainment Macco: What do you hope to achieve from this song?
Squeezy Rankin: “Nothing…it is just for the underground is not to gain anything. The purpose was to get a point across and that was done. You eh want to hear that song in a party? That music is not for party. The most go come out of it is it might get popular and people will want more clash…”

Entertainment Macco: “This song is for Facebook and Youtube and not the radio” that was your intro; So is it safe to say that you wrote, recorded and did a video for this song without a plan to gain any kind of revenue from this song?
Squeezy Rankin:  “I eh worried bout that I am still doing what I am supposed to do, it is not for the radio it is for the underground and clearly it working because look you call meh. *Haha*. Khari and them have to depend on that because their careers pop down. I am a lyrical artiste”

Entertainment Macco: Is your beef with Khari Kill only or Jah Bami as well, I ask this because he was mentioned in the song as well.
Squeezy Rankin:  “Aye let me tell you something bout me. I eh now start to sing and thing, we grow up in the same area, where I from we used to clash and if them have issues with me I eh have none with them. The song had nothing to do with Bami.”

Entertainment Macco: Why mention Jah Bami though, were you all not just travelling together around Trinidad singing for the youths? What went wrong?
Squeezy Rankin:  “Me? You sure you talking to the right person? Nah not me! I never tour no whey with Bami must be Ziggy them not me. I eh go round no country singing for no youths. My lyrical content is not for the youths so I do not try to send that kind of vibes for the youths.  I know my lyrics raw and hardcore so I not on that. I do not preach Selassie thing.”

Entertainment Macco: Now that Jah Bami has responded what do you think? What’s next?
Squeezy Rankin: “If that is the hardest lash he could hit me then boy hmm…Wah you think going happen when I direct one to him? Yea he go hit back but how hard, clearly not hard enough. If that is the hardest lash he could hit me then God alone cah help him in this. The song wasn’t even for him but he get up in the thing. You doh worry..Sunday you go hear mine, I know how destructive I can be. **Ha ha** His response is real weak and he just giving me wood for the fire. I am so lyrical and unlike the petty lyrics like wah Bami bring to the table I doh have to get personal. I will diss them off without getting personal.”

Entertainment Macco: What “four songs on a CD and who had one” tell me about this?
Squeezy Rankin:  “Well it is 3 songs and Khari had 1. Mine are “Nah play we tune”, “The Rankin”, and “Part of the struggle”
Entertainment Macco: What is the name of the compilation CD?
Squeezy Rankin:  “Studio 53 Summer”

Entertainment Macco: What type of music do you specialize in/what is your style?
Squeezy Rankin:  “Dancehall….I don’t try to sing Jamaican. I do my Trini accent on dancehall riddims, but my music is labelled as Trini dancehall. I specialize in singing. I am trying to bring something different to the place because after carnival nothing does really be going on so I want people see it have something else happening.”

Entertainment Macco: Is it true that you perform in carnival tents?
Squeezy Rankin: “Last year I did that but it didn’t happen this year. It’s not something I do often but when I get the opportunity I go with it.”

Entertainment Macco: Who are your musical influences?
Squeezy Rankin: “There are so many eh but,  Michael Jackson, Dmx, Iwer and Supercat and that is just me naming a few.”

Entertainment Macco: This kind of clash between artistes is not something that Trinidad & Tobago is used to; do you think it can be something positive?
Squeezy Rankin: Yes it is positive that is the kind of artiste them know me to be. I don’t put water in my mouth to  tell people anything…I am the downtown artiste that them eh want reach no whey. When we started the “I am local” movement people like Khari Kill with the exception of Jah Bami wanted to fight it down and all the artiste who based in Trini wanted to say something about it but like them was scared. When I did they stop and everyone else was glad. I just trying to keep the lyrical level of the thing, I trying not to carry it to any violent level, personally because that is not me. Long time I used to do that on the corner but now with the upsurge in violence and stuff I do not want to appear as though I promoting them thing. I go cuss or whatever but that is all it is, that is how I express myself.”

Entertainment Macco: What is next for Squeezy Ranking?
Squeezy Rankin:  “Next year I have a new tune for the ladies; the independent ladies that I am doing with Bunji. I am still doing my thing, I am still recording and writing but the clash is for the streets.”
Entertainment Macco: Do you have any plans of putting out an album?
Squeezy Rankin: “No albums, this local industry or hustle is too slow for albums. What you have to do is look for a hit song to get work in parties. Real Talk!”

Entertainment Macco: In your opinion why do you think there are difficulties with our music crossing the boarders and reaching into the international markets?
Squeezy Rankin: “Let me answer this for you straight, most of the artiste lazy, we eh like to work. The next thing is that the deejays and radio personalities in Trini don’t accept creativity and refuse to play we music. That is exactly what my tune from earlier this year “Nah Play we tune” is referring to.”

Entertainment Macco: Do you rate yourself as an international artiste? Why?
Squeezy Rankin:  “I know I am not an international artiste because you would never been asking me this question.”
Entertainment Macco: Haha…it is not what I think it is whether or not you rate yourself Sir.”
Squeezy Rankin:  “It is not that I am not confident or anything is just that it is Trini I deal with so I can’t rate myself otherwise.”

Entertainment Macco: Are you a full-time artiste or do you have another profession? If yes what is it?
Squeezy Rankin: “Full-time artiste, this my livelihood”


Entertainment Macco: Were you really the Stag man or the character man who used to be on stage with the Asylum band and the Curtain Crew?
Squeezy Rankin: “I was never a Stag man I was the Mystery Man.
Entertainment Macco: What possessed you to do that?
Squeezy Rankin: “How you mean? I used to get paid to do that. I used to have fun, get into parties for free, drink for free and get paid! Who won’t want to do that? I mean who won’t want to get paid to party? I eh go lie you are really a macco in serious.”
Entertainment Macco: Well I have to ask, because the people want to know your business.
Squeezy Rankin: “Well I am a glad man, that is who I am..*Haha*”

Entertainment Macco: What has been the highlight of your career thus far?
Squeezy Rankin: “Nah play we tune…the fact that all the dj’s rush to play it…that is it for sure.”

Entertainment Macco: Squeezy, some people have praised you and others have considered what you did to be disrespectful, what would you say to them?
Squeezy Rankin: “If they find it disrespectful then it disrespectful. Them eh go say the same thing bout Khari and the shit he does be singing but it is the same thing. What I sing is the truth and that is it, the problem with the truth is it does offend. You see just how Khari and Bami offended,  people will be as well. That is them business. Straight!”

Entertainment Macco: If there was one thing you could change about our music industry, what would that be and why?
Squeezy Rankin: “The whole dj system, I would put something in place to make local music play…a higher percentage of local music on radios which should be mandatory to all radio stations.”

Entertainment Macco: Other than the act that was thought to be disrespectful, some people may consider some of your music to be distasteful as well
Squeezy Rankin: “Most people does see thing going on and scared to talk about it and once you talk the truth without fear most people go find you disrespectful but it is not only me that does be thinking about what I am singing. Most people are hypocrites when certain R&B, Reggae, Dancehall or Rock singers say certain things in their them eh have nun to say, is just how I does speak raw. I does say exactly what people want to hear but just people scared to say it.. .”

Entertainment Macco: Your song “Nah Play we tune” has a lot of truth about the industry presently, are you not worried about the backlash from the radio stations?
Squeezy Rankin: “The only backlash for me was if they didn’t play it…is either it play or it eh play…I did get backlash from a couple dj’s who felt offended and start saying how them used to play my music before…the bottom line is the djs don’t  like to support local music.”

Entertainment Macco: Are you not worried that one day you may upset the wrong person and the repercussions may be unpleasant?
Squeezy Rankin: “If I eh upset the wrong person yet I feel them eh born yet. I upset real people already *Haha* most of the times when I do it I does be standing up for the right thing. It is not my daily job to go around upsetting people but if I don’t like something I will say it.”

Entertainment Macco: I know there are real life maccos out there, how do you keep your personal life and business life away from the maccos?
Squeezy Rankin: “That does be kind of hard…I don’t  really stray much, you don’t see me here, there and everywhere liming, when I am home I am Anthony,  on stage I am Squeezy. To keep out the maccos I does let Anthony do his thing, he is not a spotlight guy but Squeezy loves the lights. When you in the spotlight people tend to always watch you and talk but in my personal life I have a daughter and one of the tricks is keeping your personal life off of Facebook as well. Straight!”

Entertainment Macco: Thank you Squeezy for allowing me to macco and take up so much of your time.
Squeezy Rankin:  “No problem baby girl, it’s no problem at all”
Entertainment Macco: Ohhh and you don’t have to worry about me misquoting you eh, that won’t happen because I definitely not looking for a clash…I am not that skilled. lol
Squeezy Rankin: “I am not worried, I know you straight and safe. No clash thing for you. **Haha*”

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
76 Responses
  1. gravatar Anonymous

    This man is brave and sounds clearly ignorant and illiterate. What ah damnnn fool..... Some of the things he says make sense about the music industry and dj's etc. but he is still ah damnnn asssss....I mean if u dont have any beef wid Bami. Jah Anointed. Jah Arm Jah Foot, Jah Everyting, then wtf u calling d man out of his name in ur song???....Bout Jah Bamcee....he feel dat is Bami hardest?? well he relll stupid.....He wake up a lion!!! Bami went easy on him Im sure...Ignorant fool. Just looking for easy fame. U have something wid Khari talk bout Khari.....why involve an innocent man. Look Squeezy go so eh..Dunno why Jah Annointed even bothering to waste he talent on this sh!t. Entertaining tho.

    Annsssaa Backkk Dattttt....U go hear a real lion raw.

  2. gravatar Anonymous

    Squeezy is a mad man yes...just so you will attack a man? lmao well yes
    But I would not front...Squeezy's diss was funny as hell but bami own had more lyrical content..more catchy etc. I wonder if Bami have it in him to take it to Squeezy again? Once this thing doh get violent I will continue to be entertained!

  3. BADANG!!!

    Love Squeezy as an artiste. He's damn right, he sings what people are thinking but are afraid to say.

  4. gravatar Anonymous

    Interesting interview.....macco yuh do it big again, nuff blessings....

    Squeeze seem like he just dont give a F(expletive) about anything...That can be a good thing, but can also lead to being a very bad thing. Squeeze is not one of my favorite artist but he is entertaining, and his songs if not funny/comical/and have real lifeness to it. de man sing song about villa capri,, de man sing song about advantage when machel and company beat up de man in zen,, he sing song about de djs not playing dem tune, where a lot of artist in de land aint even have the guts to sing

    Just dont come out and disrespect a man who aint do u nothing, cause when files buss , is you look for that

    macco u shoulda ask him how much ian alvarez and ian pantin pay him to come out in a jockey and cape to fresstyle bout stag, lol guess free drinks and free entry is all that mattered dem times..

  5. gravatar Anonymous

    Honestly Squeezy u lost real points...u not warring with jah bami but calling up the man name in yuh song....who is yuh inner circle and yuh advisors.....all yuh real stupid...all yuh cyah even orchestrate a proper war,steups...no wonder trini music going nowhere...now yuh saying yuh doh have nothing with bami...but u just calling the man jah bamcee and all kinda shit...hide yuh face dan, yuh immaturity is sad, real sad man!!
    how u go feel if every artiste dem just decide to bash u??? only call d man name yuh beefing with son!!!

  6. gravatar Anonymous

    I don't know y dis person waste her time to do dis interview on u >>>>so stupid god damn!!!

  7. gravatar Anonymous

    @ number 6 what you mean waist she time i was real wondering what this whole bachannal was about, I love this macco yes!

  8. gravatar Anonymous

    I disagree @ number 6, this interview is not a waste..it just shows how simple minded squeezy is.

  9. gravatar Anonymous

    i glad this interview was done @ 6......and now i cant wait to c if d macco going n do an interview wid "D real Big Man" in this scenario(Jah Bami).....I wanna see his response to this interview....he would probabaly b either laughing or be more fuming mad.....

  10. gravatar Anonymous

    what de france is this...I was confused about all this beef ting but now i see why Jah Bami come out so hard...just so squeezy call d man name when he have no beef with him. squeezy i use to enjoy your performances and pecong but boy you loose reallllll points for this one. thanks EM for the scoop.

  11. gravatar Anonymous

    but squeezy self say Jahbami support the local thing, what he waring with him for. a comedian want to war with Jah lyricist? come nah man squeezy..dats career suicide.

  12. gravatar Anonymous

    I is a man for justice, big up squeezy for defending the local reggae airplay but u go call out a man who supporting it dan? u is a ass. trinidadians like yuh for yuh comedy but you go want to go up against kari kill and jah bami in lyrics. you was in a good space why u did not just humble. now you wah get kill.

  13. gravatar Anonymous

    stop lying, is big mout squeezy was bunji mystery man...lmaooooo. Entertainment maccoo u big unno

  14. gravatar Anonymous

    haha squeezy u damn stupid

  15. gravatar Anonymous

    Jahbami murder squeezy, now ah wah hear d kill

  16. gravatar Anonymous

    squeezy u iz a ass boy

  17. gravatar Anonymous

    HE MUST SAY HE DONT CARE ABOUT BEING INTERNATIONAL, WHEN HE SINGING WITH BUNJI AND DIVING OFF FOR OVER 15YRS AND GARLIN NEVER ONCE CARRY HIM ANYWHERE BUT ON TOP OF A STAGE IN TIGHTS,CAPE AND MASK.. MAKE HIM SING FOR STAG AND FREE ENTRY... U FULLY WANTED TO SING ABOUT JAH BAMI..BUT BAMI IS A HUMBLE YOUTH WHO IM SURE FACING A HARDER FIGHT GETTIN HIS MUSIC PLAY IN TRINI... BUT U GOING IN CLUBS AND BAD TALKING THE MAN DEM FOR NO REASON JUST TO BUILD HYPE FOR YOUR ASSHOLE IMAGE. I KNOW JAH BAMI AND HE WILL DEAL WITH VAMPING GOOD AND PROPER.

  18. gravatar Anonymous

    @17 squeezy is an idiot. this is d most amount a bull a man can say as an artist. he is bunji mystery man jus so he could party and drink for free. wdf

  19. gravatar Anonymous

    wait wait wait, is all dis going on here? squeezy u is my neigbor boy, doh shame we in d east, dem man dem doing dey ting, do yours to nah. just so u pick a fight with bami, a man who u say support de local. khari and bami is two big artist too. low it! is better yuh did talk to dem personal than make a public ass of yourself. come nah, leh we show all dem people who does look down on de getto that we better than dat

  20. gravatar Anonymous

    Well I am a firm supporter of speaking yuh mind, once it is done with sense. Squeezy yuh do just dat...Jah Bami & Khari Kill have nothing lock out here...Like de man say, dey career plop down. Will it stay down? Probably not, but it plop down. I living in N.Y. and does see dem right through. Lyrikal handling more scenes than dem. Now for Jah Bami, maybe it was wrong to drag him into the bacchanal, or fire shots he way just for being to close. That is something Tupac would do, lol. As far as Bami's response, it was soft. I read another person saying he take it easy on him for that chune. Why? Ah man coming at your head lyrically and with true talk and the most yuh could come up with is ah line about wearing Hilfiger? Furthermore, you is Jah everything and you dressing with small pants and small shirt like yuh from Harlem? C'MON SON!!! Khari Kill response go be more stronger, hopefully. Is that I waiting on.

  21. gravatar Anonymous
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  22. gravatar Anonymous

    ^^ english my youth... learn how to write it.

  23. gravatar Anonymous

    some ah allyuh is hypocrites...allyu runnin down Jamaican ting and when it come to allyuh is a fight down, this man squeezy is 1 of the only artist i know that never run down nothing, the man remain humble right through, yes even doing his thing cutting his grass to make ends meet, and like Bami is a rel clown cause dat have paper in it...ain't nothing to be ashamed of...Squezzy never kiss nobody bottom to get a place ...from Laundry right back to machel he talk straight and just let things come to him...

  24. gravatar Anonymous

    Dis is the music they chose and what going on goes with the territory, so all who saying the man illiterate and ignorant...find a mirror...the man talk straight.....F*&k JAHBAMCI(and d brother got skillz but i just a squeezy fan,, daz all..fuel for d clash)........KARI is a boss 2, but he really have a way he like to fight certain things down, all the same, this eh no different from extempo... do allyuh thing fellas...i love meh soca rel baddddd but if i must go off on dancehall...this i could go off on...trini thing with a jamacian twist..i rather listen to them that run down movado and dem fellas......

  25. Please refrain from using obscene language when leaving comments..as much as I understand that everyone wants to get their points across, the obscene language I would rather not deal with.

    Thank you

  26. gravatar Anonymous

    @ #23. What exactly came to him?? 3 song on ah cd?? Ah stupid fb video?? A bogus war wid an INTERNATIONAL artiste? What?? orrrrrrrrr I know what came to him afta all these yrs. Ridin een fete free and drinking rum freee. Yippp dats it. And he say dats what he does for a livelihood. And dats how serious he take it?? Free fete and rum?? As I said b4 'clearly ignorant and illiterate'.

  27. gravatar Anonymous

    Ok People...Understand this....When is a Klash...you Klash Every body in the Next Man CREW...Klash is not Manners...is War, all out WAR....that is how it is....50 have beef with Rick HE will have beef with Puff , Fab have beef with S.Bezy Tell EM , 50 have beef with Fab and so on....Dont Try to Understand Klash there is no Reasoning to it You It you Guys....Just enjoy the show lol lol.......... Arima Run Things

  28. gravatar Anonymous

    # 26 you really need to go look up the meanings of those two words, and quit sounding like a jealous punk, like daz a big thing (ridin een fete free and drinking free rum).....stupppppsssssssss.....and allyuh so dunce...the man doh even fight down no big celebrity thing, i feel is you that illiterate, like u can't even understand the man
    's demeanor.......well i guess u musbe diz rock Tommy Hilfiger....SLAVE...all of allyuh feel Bami and dem fellas is so much a big celebrity in FArine...dem fellas ketchin dey arse out dey...allyu get chain up and feel out dey nice...dem only chaining allyuh up with dey pretty bling talk and daz what dey cyah take a simple man dat not on the setta bling thing getting more forward dan them home...no matter where ya go in the world and no matter what ya status is out dey...ya cyah feel good if ya not happin in ya home land...NEVER...and daz what bunnin dem...dey comin trini and dey name eh callin......it is what is is!!!!!!!!!

  29. gravatar Anonymous

    BOOP BOOP #27...Arima large ya know........Klash is Klash....real talk.......SQUEEZY YA LARGE BOY.....BUN OUT D BAMCI BOY...keep it simple, real and hard....dey cyah take it!!!!!!!!!

  30. gravatar Anonymous

    @#27: U make a very valid point; clash is clash.

    Now, 2 anybody wit sense, it was clear from jump dat Squeezy problem was wit Khari Kill and not Jah Bami. But as meh boy say, clash is clash, so yuh guilty by association.

    Nex ting, doh knock ah man for he hustle. Ah give Squeezy props cuz he wasnt too proud to hustle and earn ah honest paper.

    Real people knockin de man for he Mystery Man character but hear dis, dat was de best part of Garlin show dat year, and Garlin did real need Mystery Man cuz he was poppin down.

    Ah really think Jah Bami shoulda jus leave dat alone, cuz ah go be honest... de ansa not hard! and I think it hurt more than it help. come nah dread... "yuh neva rock ah tommy hilfiger"???

  31. gravatar Anonymous

    Is easy for man to talk things they have no clue about.....Some of allyah could talk about de finances of people and allyah really dont know .... To say a man is scrunting is laughable when u dont know what that man is doing

    then it have some who calling out people name.... like u calling man a bamci is something to say.....

    shout out to all artist involved, khari kill, juicy/jah bami, and squeezy/mystery man rankin

    maybe this war of words could help elevate de reggae and interest in it in trinbago..... Jah know that we could do with a next wave with khari, jah bami, lyrikal, squeezy, isasha, million voice, king david, zebulun, royal dainties, lady meeka,prophet benjamin, marlon asher, mr king, jah melody, Benjai, Levi Myaz, daniel bless, rascal and even general grant...

    all them names i call, and all the upcoming artist that now making a name for themself its a shame that the movement cant be strong...Im hopeful that it can be

  32. gravatar Anonymous

    # 30 ,bunji and dem needed the mystery man in 2004? really


    2004 was de height of the asylum band in my opinion

    a unified front with Garlin, benjai, scarface, ninja, gailann.... That year dem also had guest apparences from Onnika Bostic(rip) lil bitts, and denise belfon.... dem aint need mystery man to sing bout no flippin stag. so to say he was the best part of de show is complete laughable

  33. gravatar Anonymous

    ALL WHO GETTING OFFENDED BY WAT WAS SAID, IT HURT DEM MORE THAN IT HURT SQUEEZY, ALL BAMI DO IS DEFEND HIMSELF... THE ANSWER BACK WAS WEAK FOR ALL WHO IS HATERS OF THIS BROTHER, IF "RENTING A LATRIN TO PLAY BOUNCE TOTI" IS HOTTER THAN "HOW U SO FLY WITH NO VISA" THEN CLEARLY WE SEE WHY THESE FELLAS NOT PLAYING HOME, NOW SEE WHY SQUEEZY BIGGER THAN ISASHA AND MR.KING IN TRINIDAD,... I KNOW WHERE BAMI LIVES IN BROOKLYN NONE AH ALLYUH WALKING ON HE BLOCK AND SAYING SHIT...AS FOR NY ITS BIGGER THAN TRINIDAD MORE THAN 10TIMES, SQUEEZY EVER HEAR BAMI OR KHARI SAY THEY LOCK NYC, HE EVER COME NYC TO SEE WHO HAVE WAT LOCK?.... WHEN THEM TRINI REAGGE ARTISTE WAS IN NY FOR THERE FIRST TIME ASKED THEM WHERE THEY LIVE OR STAYED... IS THE SAME BAMI AND KHARI SECURED DEM...IF TRINI ENDORSING SQUEEZY OVER MEN WHO SERIOUS ABOUT THEIR CRAFT SO BE IT....@ 20 WAT PART OF SQUEEZY SONG WAS TRUE?.. BAMI FUCKING HIM UP... WHO DOES WEAR HILFIGER? THT OUTER STYLE AND STILL SQUEEZY CANT WEAR IT...WAT BAMI SAID WAS TRUE ABOUT HIM AND DATS CLASH SPEAKING THE TRUTH ABOUT YUH RIVAL.... SQUEEZY IS NOT ON JAH BAMI AND KHARI KILL LEVEL... THE SAME LYRICAL ASSHOLE @ 20 TALKING ABOUT KNOWS JAHBAMI AND HOW MUCH MAN DEM MAN KILL IN CLASH IN NY... @ 20 ALLYUH SO IS MEN WHO WILL LAFF IN AH MAN FACE BUT CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM POP DOWN.... BUT WHO LAFF LAST LAFF THE BEST...SQUEEZY B MAD WITH BUNJI 4 ALL DEM YEARS U DIVING OFF A STAGE AND D MAN NEVER EVEN CARRY YUH ST .LUCIA, YUH DONT NEED A VISA FOR THT. HOW COME BUFFY AND SWAPPI NOW BUST AND DEM TRAVELING? SO WAT THEM KISS ASS TO COME FOREIGN...STUPESSSSSS SQUEEZY VAMPING AKA MONKEY IS SHIT AND BAMI KILL HIM B4 HE COULD GET THE HYPE HE LOOKING FOR...THE PPL SPOKE..@ 20 EAT A DICK NIGGA.

  34. gravatar Anonymous

    @ # 32, I don't believe that 2004 was the year #30 was referring to, I am not sure what year it was either but i do remember it was the year that Squeezy came on stage and did the song about villa the hoe house in south or something so, that was sometime after 2005 could be 2006 and # 30 is right Bunji and them had a bad year that year Squeezy was very entertaining as well, as for this whole clash, I find it to be a waste of time and money, i find both squeezy and Bami should have taken that same energy and time and invested it in a song that could actually play on the radio and make some money. Seriously to me this whole clash thing is shit, pure tu tu, Squeezy it will have always have a idiot that will do nonsense to piss you off, forget them and do what you do best sing about some of the crap going on in T&T that no one else addressing, as for Bami, in your response you was trying to diss Squeezy but what you don't realize is that you also diss the hard working people that may hold a gardener work or as you call them grass cutter/soil digger, ain't nothing wrong with earning a honest living brother...

  35. gravatar Anonymous

    boohoo @ 34 u read squeezy interview? he has no problem with man but its right to call him a bamc? squeezy diss the man first, allyuh have to much double standard... Clash is Clash...allyuh assholes does upset me. the clash is shit but yuh find space to diss the artiste who clearly was targeted first... stupid

  36. gravatar Anonymous

    #35 can you read? I addressed both artiste, Squeezy had no right to diss Bami for no reason which is why i said to me the whole thing was a waste of time and money, and i will say again, in Bami song he attacked Squeezy but he also insulted people and fans that earn an honest living cutting grass, don't care what you call me and i am not sure how this became double standard

  37. gravatar Anonymous

    everybody have a part to say and probably aint know better. the comments just as stupid as the responses from squeezy. squeezy should have stayed humble in the East and do his thing instead of making that video. Last time i check Khari on tour and bringing jah bami in the song was part of the clash as sm1 said b4 when u clash u clash everyone who in the circle. bami reply was lyrical and he did good. But khari nor bami have NY on lock...Lyrikal is the true trini artist who known in NY. there's many trinis in BK that aint know who bami is cause Tempo never show in NY...yeah bami travel but so long he singing and aint have a record deal or album yet. if he focus on his music 100% and not woman or get a better manager he may reach further.

  38. gravatar Anonymous

    squeezy ranking u sound illiterate

  39. gravatar Anonymous

    i agree with # 37...LYRIKAL have NY on lock lol

  40. gravatar T

    I listened to Khari Kill's response as well as all the others this whole clash has to be Studio 53's fault, It sounds like they basically chain up squeezy to sing about Khari,it have to be them that tell Squeezy that Khari vex because he only have one song on there cd, but in all honesty Khari, Jah Bami and Squeezy if it is a studio 53 Album don't they decide what songs and artiste go on the album? furthermore they have to be promoting this whole beef because how else was squeezy and Jah Bami able to get a hold of the riddim to record these diss songs? and wasn't it also one of Studio 53 people that upload Squeezy's video on FB and tagged Jah Bami. Come on now people, Studio 53 using allyuh to get some shine...

  41. gravatar Anonymous

    @40 puppets n pawns. Who doh hear does feel. Also Khari reply is very wackkkkk. D video corny too. So much days he take to come up wid that? Look how fas JB pen his response, 24hrs. Imagine if he had more time. Of all 3, JB is d lyriical muscle man in this clash.

  42. gravatar Anonymous

    @ 37.....If Lyrikal had everything locked in NY, then he should have gotten a record deal already. Its too much fight down with the trinidadians, im disgusted. this year was the first time i travel to new york to perform and hear a producer name dainjamental bad talk jahbami, khari and lyrikal. but all ah dem is trini. as far as im concerned jahbami and khari murder squeezy....lyrikal need some more experience cause being allison hinds sidekick doh mean yuh bus. The whole ah trini talking bout jahbami, khari kill and squeezy.

  43. gravatar Anonymous

    big up jah bami everytime....you kill dem

  44. gravatar Anonymous

    @ 37 which dainjamental? the one with the studio in his bedroom?

  45. gravatar Anonymous

    man ah gyalissssssss.....bami, at least yuh girls and yuh manager sell offfffffff. fadda yuh large.

  46. gravatar Anonymous

    Jahbami doing his ting ras, i see jahbami perform in SOB's in newyork and mash up. serani could not ketch he self after.

  47. gravatar Anonymous

    @44 yeah the same one who like to bad talk ppl... them is haters.. BIG JAH BAMI!!!!! THE NY SOCA MARKET BROKE SO WHO CARES ABOUT LYRICAL... TRINIDAD DON'T KNOW LYRICAL THEY KNOW JAH BAMI, KHARI KILL AND SQUEEZY, SO DON'T USE OTHER PPL SHINE TO PROMOTER YOUR FRIENDS..BOOOOO @37

  48. gravatar Anonymous

    @47 don't get so personal nah..lol!!!!! lyrical, bami and kill is rellll brethren dem doh watch face with hype, so big up the bk artiste.. allyuh name calling.

  49. gravatar Anonymous

    allyuh which dainjamental allyuh talking about? d one who have the studio in he bedroom?

  50. gravatar Anonymous

    @ 49 yes that same one.

  51. gravatar Anonymous

    haha dis clash shoulda be with squeezy and dainjamental. dat woulda be more even cause both ah dem poor. i see dainjamental get boo off stage nuff time sight!

  52. gravatar Anonymous

    It too late for some of allyah to talk @ss talk.

    Dainjamental aint say nothing negative about lyrikal, khari, and or jah bami..... Is where you feel dem does voice de majority of dem dubs/songs in brooklyn.... by he... so kill that talk of any kind of badness between dem fellas , cause there is NONE!

    Lyrikal is a very talented artist,, he is no one sidekick, and in 2010 he buss in trinidad....with more songs under he belt he will become a tnt mainstay for years to come

    Lyrikal might just be the best artist in new york ... in the trini reggae/soca scene, he get the most gigs.... de person say he dont have record deal, i have a question for you, does Fayanne Lyons have a record deal, and she is argubally the top female artist in trinidad....jw and blaze win all de awards, dem have any record deal? talk sense

    @42 come out from behind the anonymous and tell de people which artist you is, who come to ny for de first time? lol

  53. gravatar Anonymous

    tune fih tune....lyric fih lyric jahbami murder squeezy

  54. gravatar Anonymous

    @52 being the best artist doh mean having the most shows. i see lyrikal almost get boo in six flags this year, i see lyrikal almost get boo in sob's so you could come again with that best artist talk. I responding to #37 comment about if jahbami was the biggest artist in ny he shoulda have a record deal. then let me know what lable lyrikal sign to or JW of fayanne?

  55. gravatar Anonymous

    mih rate jahbami in dis clash

  56. gravatar Anonymous

    i live brooklyn and think khari, jahbami and lyrikal are all great artists. i saw them perform many times but i dont know dainjamental. is he a new artist

  57. gravatar Anonymous

    @54, you hear what you say, almost get boo? almost get booed does not mean he did

    by the way i did deh at six flags, and thats not de truth, i cant talk for sob's but he birthnight did deh and from what i hear de place was pack for he earthstrong, and de vibe did nice

    Tune for tune,,,, gig for gig Lyrikal may be the best artist in ny, and its not biasness, cause me and de youth aint friend i just telling u the real.... Is songs does get play, and he does be singing him tune in dance, what other artist in ny could say that?

    Albums/record deal dont mean much , cause soca artist from trinidad, and reggae artist from tnt dont sell records.... that goes for montano, garlin, destra, kess,all de reggae artist etc, none of dem sell albums like that

  58. gravatar Anonymous

    how squeezy sound stupid so. i hear the answer back from jah bami though it hard. dem fellas doing de ting outside

  59. gravatar Anonymous

    airplay and gigs doh make nobody bigger than nobody, squeezy gets the most airplay and gigs in trinidad amgonst all the artiste in trinidad, and we all can see he is no match for kari kill and jah bamme.this is wat trinidad needs artiste like squeezy who will challenge any artiste and keep dem sharp... bamme is a wicked artiste...he sing with sense.

  60. gravatar Anonymous

    @59 Fully agree. Sense and substance Jah Bami sings whether is tunes for the ladies, bout weed, bout Jah, bout babylon, bout sex or evn in this case in a clash. The music is a higher grade. But ah wha kno how Lyrikal(dem fellas good wid each other) and Dainja name get up in d mix. Lol. Well yes. I thought Dainja was an engineer since when engineer being compared to artiste?

  61. gravatar Anonymous

    fuck all dat who never get war shit hands down its all bout money and life in about a week de media will forget all dem assholes who dissin each other ....about lyrikal give de youth his respect caz for da past 2 yrs i going parties and hear his song and even playing on radio like hot 97 ,power 105.1fm etc...he has a song call "ramajay" dat was the team song for the band that won on the parkway and every flyer i see his ...i was @ six flags and i saw da crowd singin his songs as far as gossip who cares ppl look @ who is mashing up

  62. gravatar Anonymous

    i dnt knw y i wasting my time on dis....but bami is gabbage kari is gabbage squeezy is gabbage but i like how he int shame of his lawn cutter......dats y machel and dem will mke all da money while these ediots beef....look how much ppl diss machel u ever hear him complain dats y he on top

  63. gravatar Anonymous

    @62 thats why machel will remain seasonal...big up bammi and kari allyuh international. squeezy is another story.

  64. gravatar Anonymous

    @ 61 nobody dissin lyrikal....easyyy!. but dem other fellas doing dey ting too. from long time i hear khari kill and jah bami on hot97. dem tunes playing on the radio too. you cant compare lyrikal 2 soca tune on the radio to the crate ah tune bami and kill have. dem two youth have soca, reggae, hip hop, dancehall and the list goes on.

  65. gravatar Anonymous

    so forgive me because im late, i am an outsider looking in. ummmm who is squeezy ranking? i just read this interview and this man is uneducated. i have heard jah bami's music already and very impressed. there is no comparison here.

  66. gravatar Anonymous

    @ #52 Danjamentals is that you? it sounding like you cause you are the only one in Brooklyn that have something good to say about you. Danjamentals is a nasty dutty stinking liar. You lie on real people talk nuff people business, in your studio, from Machel Child mother that was hiding the child by you to the lie yuh tell about lyrikal that he flop at great adventures or the girls he does be sleeping with, what happne you want to be lyro ah what? stop lying oh yeah you also went on the radio and say that you produced hold dem gyal, what song you ever produce for anybody besides yourself stop lying and stop bragging on Shite you never do!

  67. gravatar Anonymous

    well look how all the truth coming out now..damn trinis again...like a fight down thing..even if u on tour or what not you aint reach yet if u aint living comfortably. and last time i check none of them lock NY..they respected by some and i give them there respect! get a life of yall own and leave the people alone. squeezy is illiterate.

  68. gravatar Anonymous

    O MY WORD SQUEEZY jut killed Jah Bami!

  69. gravatar Anonymous

    JAHBAMCEEEE JUSS DEADDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GWAN SO YA PENNYWISE DREAD.....HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

  70. gravatar Anonymous
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  71. gravatar Annoyed!

    @17 & 33 you are Jah Bami......it reflects in the things you say...geesh leh people make their comment and shut your pie hole nuh! People gonna like you and some will dislike you....does that affect the way you live? I hope not...ain't no one wanna eat ure d%&k...so stop saying it...even on your interview you running on saying them shit....oh fleck man have some respect for the people blog, it is not urs..write them shit on your page nah! Real Talk!

  72. gravatar Anonymous

    Somebody just tell me Jah bamcee just dead.... Dat is truth?

  73. gravatar Anonymous

    lmaoooo dainjamentals is ah baccanalist, squeezy is an illiterate, jahbami is the fireman, kharikill is another fireman, studio 53 is fame seekers and lyrikal is a wanna be! done talk!

  74. gravatar Anonymous

    I trying to figure out why people trying to discredit Lyrikal..he has been toiling for quite some time and I am quite familiar with his work although many are not..He is quite talented so I don't understand how the person before me could say he is a wannabe..

    When I look at many of the us events and flyers Lyrikal is being booked and his face is all over but I am not seeing that for Bami and Khari (not saying that they r not) but it seems as though lyrikal has more appeal and his music is more "likeable" or more relative to people..I think it is unfair to try to discredit Lyrikal..I see an interview was done on him on this same site and the comments are minimum..hate on him under there..not here.. Some of you people are great! The hits on his interview as less than on his interview.. Real Talk!

  75. i've seen & heard all the clash videos & also payed attention to the interview & comments....i must say majority of comments hold a a percentage of individual truth within them.

    Before i go further, i wanna highlite that out of the 3 artistes; i have met 2 personally i.e Jah Bami(P.O.S) & Squeezy Rankin(G Spot Toabgo)

    My views on the individuals

    1) jah Bami- this dude real down to earth, vibes real positive & his love for the local scene is tremendous, he has great tracks, my oersonal favorites being "If i didn't love you" & "A man is jus a man"

    2) Squeezy Rankin- Another down to earth fella, but if you interact with him long enough you could get the whole "palin talker" persona, he's a lyrical genious that the local industry hasn't seen in a LONG time!!!

    3) Khari Kill- I have NEVER met him, but from seeing him on local television interviews; he seems to have the local scene of interest, but one can't help but notice his cocky "show boating" attitude(kinda like ian alleyne) lol


    THE CLASH/BEEF/WAR

    Squeezy, yuh is mih boi, but yuh shouldna call the man name, but as any true music fan knows, it's what you call casualties of war/ collateral damage, i must say you are very outspoken & i LOVE that, doh be puttin water in yuh mouth to defend yuh bread or yuh livelihood(sp?)

    Jah bami, yuh is mih boi & yuh had every right to defend yurself, but let me say this, i was so disappointed that you had to resort to pointing out a man honest living in an attempt ot make him look bad, saying, "the only place he ever fly & go is tobago", how he never wear "tommy hilfiger"..............Sad to say yur lyrics were weak, yuh tactics even weaker, squeezy used yur lyrics against you, the proud to be cutting grass by the pavement!!!!

    Khari- as a so called big man, why fight down the lil artiste, squeezy is more popular in T&T right now than you have ever been in yur peak, the man waited his turn, plz let him bask in it!!!!.............Yur flow was wack, you proved that jah bami has a better lyrical vocabular/arsenal than you!!!!


    My Conclusion

    Squeezy killed you both, with 2 straight forward/comical tunes!!!

    But mind you, that does not take away from any of you as artistes

    KEEP IT CLEAN GUYS...................PEACE

  76. Squeezy Ranking real cool and down to earth, family man and will talk to anyone, one of the best artiste in Trinidad, In my view he is international, and should work with artiste like, PDiddy, little Wayne etc.

    Meaning if he was born in the US, trust me he would of been, known amongst the greatest like the Wu Tang clan, Method man and the rest.

Leave a Reply