Pages

Ricardo Drue...A short man with a tall agenda

Ricardo Drue is nothing close to being a “New artiste” or an artiste that “just buss” but an artiste who has been pursuing his musical career for a number of years. A Trinidadian-born who resides Overseas, Ricardo is a member of the musical group CROSSOVAH - Four males with phenomenal talent. For Carnival 2010 a lot of people became familiar with his name and it became almost synonymous with the referral of Patrice Roberts because of their collaboration; “Nah Leaving” …..Yes Ricardo Short, Cute and very talented fella who kept popping up during the Carnival Season….Entertainment Macco took the time out to GRILL him… **evil grin**

Entertainment Macco:
Who is Ricardo Drue?
Ricardo Drue: “A son of the Caribbean with a message to be delivered and a mission to accomplish; to take my culture to a global level.”

Entertainment Macco: Birthday / Sign?
Ricardo Drue: “July 31st 1985/ Leo”

Entertainment Macco: Are you single/in a relationship or married?
Ricardo Drue: “Off the market lol”
Entertainment Macco: Right Ladies!! You all heard it….don’t be sad…lol

Entertainment Macco: What is your biggest turn on in the opposite sex?
Ricardo Drue: “Intelligence…must be able to hold a decent convo.. Nice body wouldn't hurt either lol”

Entertainment Macco: Do you have any children or plans of having any?
Ricardo Drue: “Yes I do I have 2 boys...”
Entertainment Macco:
Really? But you look like a boy yourself….lol *joking*

Entertainment Macco: Tell the maccos what was your motivating factor to sing?
Ricardo Drue: "Music and singing was actually something that was instilled in me ever since I was young, it is all I know.”

Entertainment Macco: What do you get complimented about the most?
Ricardo Drue: “Being humble…”
Entertainment Macco: Well…..my dear humility is very important in life and if you possess that attribute then you are well on your way!





Entertainment Macco:
What is your sexiest feature?
Ricardo Drue: “Dimples”
Entertainment Macco:
I feel that is the reason why you keep licking your lips all the time…to emphasize the fact that you have dimples.. I’m just saying!






Entertainment Macco:
You know you are kinda short…people might miss you on the stage when you are performing (joking!!) …Do people usually “pong” you about your height?
Ricardo Drue: “All the time. Its been like that from wayyyy back when….I stopped growing at 6 lol”
Entertainment Macco:
You poor poor thing……**faints**

Entertainment Macco: At what age did you recognize your ability to sing/perform?
Ricardo Drue: “At the age of 5 yrs”
Entertainment Macco:
Ok ok cool….right before you stopped growing? *Whistles*

Entertainment Macco: You are fairly young….both in age and in the industry, is the pursuance of music your career plan or there is a plan B or is option A?
Ricardo Drue: “Music is and has always been my plan A... I have my education though.”

Entertainment Macco: How difficult was it for you to get into the industry and what were some of the challenges you faced?
Ricardo Drue: “It has been a difficult road to where I am currently and its only the beginning..some of the challenges are not being respected and being over looked but as they say you have to pay your dues.”
Entertainment Macco:
Dues? Wah is that? If you are talented then it would show regardless of dues… hmphh!

Entertainment Macco: You are very trendy and you have that sex appeal working for you…how do the ladies respond to this (I am pretty sure you are a favourite!)
Ricardo Drue: “Welll ...lol..I would say I'm accepted fairly well.. Thanks for the compliments though.”

Entertainment Macco: Many people may not know that you are part of the group called “Crossovah”share a little about the crew and what you all are into.
Ricardo Drue: “Crossovah: we are four sons of the Caribbean, Trinidad, Jamaica, Barbados and Antigua, united cultures through song and dance... We are the swagger of hip hop, the energy of soca, the sensuality of R&B and the uplifting vibes of reggae.”

Entertainment Macco: How does the crew feel about you and you solo career…I see you did collaboration with Patrice Roberts…
Ricardo Drue: “The crew has been very supportive we are a family, they are my brothers, and yes I did a collab with Patrice Roberts.”


Entertainment Macco: Well as Patrice was mentioned let me ask you this… there is a rumour floating around that you and Patrice are sweethearts…is there any truth to that rumour?
Ricardo Drue: “Rumours huh...lol Patrice and I have a great personal and business relationship...she is a great person...my best friend…”

Entertainment Macco: What are some of the constraints you face being based overseas and trying to get your music heard in Trinidad and other parts of the world?
Ricardo Drue: “Well being based in the states works against me at times because no matter what I do here, in tnt I'm always considered and outsider, so as far as my music is concerned it usually hard to get it in rotation, but this year was a little different...”
Entertainment Macco: I guess that could show a little acceptance huh?

Entertainment Macco: Where do you see yourself in the not too distant future?
Ricardo Drue: “Taking my culture of TNT to the world.”

Entertainment Macco: In your industry what is your biggest pet peeve, that one thing that does really stress yuh out?
Ricardo Drue: “People who do this and do not take it seriously..”

Entertainment Macco: When u were/are looking for a mate did u look for someone in the industry or out of the industry and why?
Ricardo Drue: “I do not have a preference. I just go with the flow.”

Entertainment Macco: Why do you think there are more successful men in our music industry than women?
Ricardo Drue: “I'm not sure to be honest..the time will come where the tables will turn.. It always does..”
Entertainment Macco: You got that right…WOMEN gonna rule…. **sorry had a woman empowerment session there for a minute**

Entertainment Macco: One thing that you would like maccos (readers) to know about you? Ricardo Drue the Individual….
Ricardo Drue: “I'm not unapproachable or cocky...”

Entertainment Macco: One place you would like to visit before you die and why?
Ricardo Drue: “Italy for the experience.”

Entertainment Macco: I know it have real life maccos out there…how do you keep or plan to keep your personal life and business life away from the maccos?
Ricardo Drue: “As artists we have to be very discreet in some of the things we do...I just tend to be as discreet as possible..and always portray positivity….”

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
2 Responses
  1. gravatar Anonymous

    Ricardo Drue is sexy....along with that homie can really sing and those dimples are on point...thank you for allowing me to know a little about this cutey *giggles*

  2. This is a really cool website. Great job, the comments are really insightful.

Leave a Reply