Pages

Buffy The Newest Soca Sensation

"Jus so Jus so" all ah we in T&T hearing, Buffy this and Buffy that and no we not referring to Buffy the Vampier Slayer but a talented female artist hailing from South Trinidad. (Claxton Bay to be exact) Buffy is enjoying a successful season with favourable responses to her releases; “Anything” has become an anthem for many, “Buffy and Thick” is the Thick girls motivation and “All Night” appeals to both young and old….




Entertainment Macco: Who is Buffy?

Buffy: “Born and raised in Couva. Buffy is a very friendly and happy individual who loves to make people laugh. Buffy is very giving sharing and giving…Buffy does not put on or act she is real and most people love my personality…."


Entertainment Macco: What is your given name?

Buffy: “Chrystal Cuffy”


Entertainment Macco: What is your sign/horoscope? Ohhhh and do not forget your Birthday.

Buffy: “Capricorn Jan 9th 1987”


Entertainment Macco: Buffy is quite and interesting sobriquet….I only know about one Buffy and that is the Vampire Slayer *giggles* ……explain the choice of your name.

Buffy:Well yes, I knew this question was coming *laughs out loudly* …..All I will say is if you watch my physique..meh forms and figure you will see what buff, how it buff and if I am really buff.”


Entertainment Macco: Are you/single/married/in a relationship?

Buffy: “Married”

Entertainment Macco: “Well excuse me!” **Maccoing her finger to see the ring** ....Yeah people she really married yes!


Entertainment Macco: Do you have any children or plans of having any?

Buffy: Yes..A 2 year old daughter.”


Entertainment Macco: How difficult is it for you to juggle you time as an artiste and a mother?

Buffy: “It is not really difficult…I get help from my mother-in-law and my mom…so I have time to handle my business and my baby girl is still well taken care of.”


Entertainment Macco: What is a day in the life of Buffy like?

Buffy: “It is usually simple and includes taking care of my daughter and husband”


Entertainment Macco: How does your Husband feel about your new found popularity?

Buffy: “I met him through music…he was one of Zebulun’s managers so he understands the industry and is used to it..he has no problems at all"


Entertainment Macco: When did you discover you talent?

Buffy: ”Since Primary School days…I cannot tell you exactly at what age…it is too long to remember.”

Entertainment Macco: How long have you been singing?

Buffy: “It will have to be more than 15 years.”


Entertainment Macco: So what made you decide to sing/perform?

Buffy: “When I completed school I left with 6 CXC O’Level subjects and I went on to do A’Levels…after that I went to UWI and did a course in Business Management…after having acquired all of those qualifications I was unable to get a job so I decided to use my talent to make money instead of working for people.”

Entertainment Macco: I can relate to the frustration gyal!


Entertainment Macco: Who pushed you to make the actual decision to record and perform?

Buffy: “Deceased Akim Farmer…he was meh friend and producer and one of the driving forces behind Buffy..Akim pushed me to follow thru with my dreams. Farmer (as he was fondly called) produced all my music and when he died…I did not want to sing again, his death took out a part of me. I knew him since I was 16. My husband also encouraged me to continue singing and not to give up. Much love goes out to Akim’s family. ”


Entertainment Macco: Do you write you own music?

Buffy: “Yes….”

Entertainment Macco: *Clears throat and smiles*


Entertainment Macco: How did the collaboration come about with you and Rocky?

Buffy: “Well actually Rocky saw me on Synergy TV and contacted my manager Dev and things went from there. He sent the demo and all I did was vibes with the track and answer back to what he was saying…That is how “All Night" was created.


Entertainment Macco: Can we expect any more collaborations for the season?

Buffy: I cannot say that I have any thing in the works right now but if something really good comes along I would not refuse the opportunity at all!”


Entertainment Macco: As a rookie in the industry how does it make you feel to have 3 songs which are all receiving tremendous airplay on major radio stations? “Buffy & Thick”, “Anything” and “All night” – which was done with Rocky

Buffy: “Girl I am so thankful and happy, overwhelmed and excited...hopeful..So many emotions right now I just cannot use one word to express how I feel.”


Entertainment Macco: Tell me…how did you feel hearing you music play for the first time on the radio? Where were you when the songs played for the first time?

Buffy: “I was by the hairdresser....well you know everyone there started to make noise..I was hyped and excited..we had to pause for a cause in the Salon while the song was playing.”


Entertainment Macco: What is your biggest turn on in the opposite sex?

Buffy: “That would have to be the physical sexiness…the muscles…tall..I think a bald head is hot on a man”

Entertainment Macco: “Oh hooo… I seee!”


Entertainment Macco: Do you think it is safer/wiser to have a mate/significant other who is in the industry or you rather one who is out of it and why?

Buffy: “ I rather someone in the industry mainly because he would understand every aspect of it and would be around more often, less stress…more understanding…less drama!”

Entertainment Macco: Amen to that…yuh know wah drama does do to marriages! hmphh


Entertainment Macco: Why is it that there are more successful men in our music industry than women?

Buffy: “Honestly… It is really hard for a woman to get into the industry these days because some men in the industry are real sharks they usually want/expect women to “put out” There is always some type of sexual link when women try to step out in the industry on their own without a strong male backing and I am not willing to compromise as far as that is concerned.”

Entertainment Macco: Amen…”Tell them they could keep they money and you will keep your honey and die with your dignity (kudos to singing Sandra).”


Entertainment Macco: Is there anything that you are scared about as a female performer while entering this industry?

Buffy:“Nah nothing really to be honest..I was scared and nervous at first about performing in front of a large crowd but I am over that now….”


Entertainment Macco: In your industry what is your biggest pet peeve…that one thing that annoys you the most?

Buffy: “Arghhh that will be promoters who try to cheat you out of your money..the promoters who promise to pay you one fee and on the night they want to pay you less.”


Entertainment Macco: I know it have real life maccos out there…how do you plan on keeping your personal life and business life away from the maccos?

Buffy: “Yuh cah really stop people from minding your business… I just gonna be myself and whatever people say I really doh businessBecause at the end of the day I could be a saint or a devil and they will still talk the about me as much”


Entertainment Macco: What else can we expect from Buffy for Carnival 2010 and beyond?

Buffy: “A lot of reggae…dancehall - that is really my strong point, more Soca…and much more hits.”

Entertainment Macco: Well you know I will be maccoing and waiting patiently to see wassup…I looking out for you in the competitions and fetes eh madam...

Buffy: *Laughs* Yeah for sure...Ah me BUFFY SAY SO!




You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
7 Responses
  1. gravatar Anonymous

    South run de route!!! Yuh see dis artiste here... my word. Big tings ah gwan fuh she!!! All de best tuh Buffy. Link meh fuh de Anything video!

    Ah meeee CHEF SAY SO!!!

  2. gravatar monifa mawusi

    Well done! Buffy you did south proud. Macco continue to showcase true trinidad talent. Love it

  3. gravatar Anonymous

    keep representing buffy. u on top, yuh big eh no

  4. gravatar Anonymous

    Buffy is talent and she representing for the thick girls.. power to you mamma..I whining on anything this carnival because of you!

  5. gravatar Anonymous

    Woiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii "man whining on anything woman whining on anything" Buffy yuh gone clearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Boom!!!!!!!!

  6. gravatar Anonymous

    Hello there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from
    an established blog. Is it very difficult to set up your own blog?

    I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast.
    I'm thinking about setting up my own but I'm not sure
    where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Appreciate it

    Feel free to visit my site; Christian Louboutin Outlet (louboutinuk-outlet.yourgsp.com)

  7. "Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you recommend any other Beauty Guest Post blogs that go over the same topics? Thanks a ton!
    "

Leave a Reply