Pages

What does Christmas mean to you?

Christmas is such a special time....A time for reflection, love and merriment.... It reminds us of the love that Jesus Christ has for us and that it should be reciprocated at all times...
 
Entertainment Macco caught up with a few familiar faces during this hectic season just to find out what Christmas means to them...... This is what they had to say... 
 
 

Chrystal "Buffy" Cuffy: "For me Christmas is about appreciating God the father giving him thanks for all that he has done for us throughout the year celebrating his birth and giving to those in need. Also it's about family togetherness"



Shawn "Ma$tamind" Noel: 
Some may think I see it as merely a time to drink,
("What Is Christmas Without Ah Rum?" LOL), but nah.
It's not that because I don't need an excuse to drink...
 (because "If yuh drink rum yuh will die. If yuh doh drink rum yuh will die. Yuh might as well....")
Hahaha.

Seriously though, Christmas for me is a time to celebrate the birth of our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ.
It's also a time to spend with friends & family,
 giving of yourself and sharing love with everyone.
And you can't forget parang! As a matter of fact I love it so much,
 I'll be starting to record parang in May or June next year, please God."

Biggie Irie: "To me Christmas is a time really for 
Love, Peace and Tranquility...
A time when you 
reflect on your life, giving thanx to GOD
for allowing you to live thru' a whole year
to see another Xmas. 
To me it's about real friendship with loved ones, 
those who have been there with you for the 
past year and you know they will be
there to support you in the coming years ahead. 
And finally it's about making merry with 
loved ones and close friends, drinking 
and eating traditional Xmas food. 

Here in Bim our Xmas delicacy is Jug Jug 
which consist of peas, guinea corn and all 
sorts of meats all cooked together like coucou...
I make sure I cook that every year because
it reminds me of my mom and aunt
who have passed on, so cooking jug jug 
is like a tribute to them because they cooked it every year. Sorrel is also a must for me. I'm not too big on the alcohol or the gift giving 
so I look forward to preparing the food 
and spending time with my true friends."


Mista Spine:"Christmas is a special time for me because it is that time of the year when I can see all my family from all over the place because  they always come to my house to chill and cook all the food yuh could eat lol. I also like Christmas because of the spirit /vibe that is in the air around that time..."













Rolhensha: "Christmas is a gentle reminder to show love and appreciation to everyone I meet, from a family member to a complete stranger... Because the greatest act of love was made for every human being when Christ sent his only son to earth."



Adrian "Thirdbass" Hackshaw: "Xmas means remembering the birth of Christ our saviour,spending time with family, true friends and enjoying the best turkey and sorrel ever......"



Umi Marcano: "Christmas means lots ah food lots ah drinks and making my daughter happy Santa Style :D "


Ms Alysha:  

LOVE!!! 

All that people do around this time
is in the name of love
and
that is the type of energy I feel around me.




You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
1 Response
  1. Interesting and. It important information is really beneficial for us. Thanks

Leave a Reply